Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Regretable Clothing

May 10, 2013
Anyone here ever had any clothing items, which whilst they seemed very dapper, trendy and dashing, whilst perhaps a little bit of unconventional, turned out in retrospect to have made you look a bloody clown?

Probably my worst were a massive pair of 1970s platforms - a towering 6 inch block of a heel, with matching equally high front platform. The uppers were tastefully (I thought at the time) done in stylish cream with brown stitching. They were in the sale and were an absolute bargain. Despite all advice to the contrary, I was convinced I'd look the nuts in them. After all, they were just like the ones they wore on top of the pops. So I saved and saved and eventually became the proud owner.

I always was a tall lad anyway (over 6 feet) and it only took me about five minutes of wearing these monstrosities to find out that

A) It was like wearing two miniature breeze blocks on your feet

B) That I could hardly walk in them and worst of all..

C) That rather than making me look like a trendy member of The Sweet, they in fact made me look like Herman Munster trying out special orthapedic footwear.

I don't think they got more than 10 mins wear in my whole ownership before they were binned.

jazz-06-tbnpu__08211_grande.jpeg

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here