Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Help] Another Problem

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
The cooker is in very good condition and the fan fault in the oven only started a couple of weeks ago so a new fan should do the job... If needed I will call out an electrician to sort it if my sons mate cant do so. Why pay Hotpoint £145 when there are firms on the internet advertising much cheaper especially as I would think that it is a minor fault with a wire connection,. That is the attitude that allows firms to have a monopoly and rip you off.,

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
#NeverWrong

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
The cooker is in very good condition and the fan fault in the oven only started a couple of weeks ago so a new fan should do the job... If needed I will call out an electrician to sort it if my sons mate cant do so. Why pay Hotpoint £145 when there are firms on the internet advertising much cheaper especially as I would think that it is a minor fault with a wire connection,. That is the attitude that allows firms to have a monopoly and rip you off.,

It's gone up £10.00 already :moo:

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
The replacing of the fan was very simple as per the inbstructions given us by E Spares and I assume that they test that the components they sell actually work. The reason it had to be replaced was because it was making a noise similar to a water pump bearings going on a car, a rattle.. It had nothing to do with the power and we expect the answer to be that a wire has been attached incorrectly or not attached at all hence wanted a wiring diagram to check I am not sure what a standard electrician would have in the way of meters etc to check the power etc.
Or the shaft of the motor is slightly too long and the fan blade is jammed against the front panel.
Take the front panel off and see if the fan turns. It’s only a magnet, slightest little resistance can stop it turning

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
But without these diy'ers that you profess to find so frustrating, would many of you professionals have a job?

Of course they would, most people would call a proffesional to repair a cooker.
I am a proffesional plumber and not too shabby at DIY, but I wouldn't fanny around with the electrics in my cooker.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton

I’d rather be calling Hotpoint back if the repair fails a week later than Cuckle Brothers Electronics!!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Brother in law who is an old time motor mechanic but will always mend something if it can be mended rather than buy new phoned and said there are 5 wires on it 1 earth, postive and negative feed and an in and out to a thermostat so it sholud be easy to sort out which is which.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Brother in law who is an old time motor mechanic but will always mend something if it can be mended rather than buy new phoned and said there are 5 wires on it 1 earth, postive and negative feed and an in and out to a thermostat so it sholud be easy to sort out which is which.

Old time motor mechanic vs modern cooker wiring. Has he checked the spark plugs yet ?

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
bang.gif

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
We have a Hotpoint Ultimate Cooker with fan assisted oven and the fan needed replacing. We bought one from E Spares and son fitted it. However it doesnt work so son wants to check the wiring is correct. Anybody know how I can obtain or down load a wiring diagram or would standard electrician be able to find the problem? E spares do not have them so suggested I contact Hotpoint who were as much use as an ashtray on a motorbike.

Hot point say that is not available but they will send an engineer out the cost being £135.

I have tried google but my PC will not allow any of the sites to be accessible.

Any advice would be gratefully received as again google has mixed reaction and views as to whether the oven can be used with the fan not working.

Full instructions can be downloaded here:

https://proxy.bigfooty.com/forum/pr...ike.jpg&hash=8ab24121958e6a75e1cecb92ba6bea43

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here