Page 17 of 24 FirstFirst ... 714151617181920 ... LastLast

2 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Alba Badger View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Chuck litter from their cars. TOTAL ********!
    A chap threw an empty cigarette packet out of his sunroof on Worthing seafront, then had to slow right up behind traffic.

I picked up said packet and threw it straight back in
    Inigo Calderon. You will be sorely missed but hopefully you will return before too long

• North Stand Chat

advertising

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by jonnyrovers View Post
      3, social conventions like queuing are less important to me than common sense & logic.
      Out of interest, what are your views on society? I’d hazard a guess that you don’t think it exists?
      6EQUJ5 2A

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Goldstone1976 View Post
      Out of interest, what are your views on society? Iíd hazard a guess that you donít think it exists?
      Firm believer. Iím an NHS healthcare professional, have a social conscience, Labour Party member.

Iím also an expert in human factors. Emotionally driven behaviour is obstructing practical solutions to problems everywhere we look. My comment re queuing is specifically aimed at those who queue for miles in single file for a lane closure. That action is informed entirely by an emotional need to conform to a societal expectation. The practical and logical solution is to use all available space until it becomes unavailable.

In my job I teach people to put aside the embedded human fears that prevent them from dealing logically and effectively with situations. Case in point above.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by portlock seagull View Post
      Drug drivers. In London especially itís reached epidemic proportions according to Police. I regularly see yooof in park car parks when walking dog in evening and you can smell the weed a mile off. All getting high before eventually driving off. Kid sat outside our house in his car on more than one occasion smoking dope before driving off. Had to have a word, heís stopped doing it now. Or at least gone elsewhere. simply not enough police and way too much demand to ever reverse. That boat sailed a long time ago. Sure plenty of NSC members who are regular offenders in this respect. If you are, please stop and think about for a moment. Every bit as dangerous as drink driving.
      Car written off by drug driver. Wa***r.

0 Not allowed!
      Cyclists that can squeeze by you with an inch to spare but go ape when the favour is returned. Motorcyclists (deliveroo etc) who cannot wait in a line of traffic and have to be in front at lights and junctions. (Just wait)
      Massive up 170417 LamieRobertson's Avatar

The most curious thing.. Cheshire Cat's Avatar
      11 miles from Deva Stadium, 14 miles from Prenton Park, 20 miles from Racecourse Ground, 256 miles from Falmer - work it out yourself...

0 Not allowed!
      Not indicating.
      Cutting me up on motorways (and tailgating), If you want to die, go somewhere else and do it..
      Double parking.
      "But I don't want to go among mad people," Alice remarked. "Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat: "We're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad." "How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice. "You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn't have come here."
      Members

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by jonnyrovers View Post
      Firm believer. I’m an NHS healthcare professional, have a social conscience, Labour Party member.

I’m also an expert in human factors. Emotionally driven behaviour is obstructing practical solutions to problems everywhere we look. My comment re queuing is specifically aimed at those who queue for miles in single file for a lane closure. That action is informed entirely by an emotional need to conform to a societal expectation. The practical and logical solution is to use all available space until it becomes unavailable.

In my job I teach people to put aside the embedded human fears that prevent them from dealing logically and effectively with situations. Case in point above.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Fully agree. Studies show that zip merging reduces queues congestion and crashes.
      Every journey of a thousand miles begins with a single rail replacement bus service.
      The most curious thing.. Cheshire Cat's Avatar
      11 miles from Deva Stadium, 14 miles from Prenton Park, 20 miles from Racecourse Ground, 256 miles from Falmer - work it out yourself...

0 Not allowed!
      Not indicating.
      Cutting me up on motorways (and tailgating), If you want to die, go somewhere else and do it..
      Double parking.
      "But I don't want to go among mad people," Alice remarked. "Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat: "We're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad." "How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice. "You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn't have come here."

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by nicko31 View Post
      Drivers in traffic that are 2 inches from the kerb, so cyclists can't get through and are forced onto the pavement
      If you mean along Preston Road, southbound opposite the Shell Garage, that would be the pavement where the cycle lane is. That's because the road isn't wide enough for cars and cockwombles in lycra who think they are far too good cyclists to leave the road for a cycle path.
      I hope you meet someone your height, so you can see eye to eye with someone as small as you!