Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 89101112131421 ... LastLast
    A little piece of Sussex below Atlanta, GA, USA

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by GT49er View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    From many years driving experience I can definitely conform that that drivers in Scotland (and the north) are more considerate than down south. In fact, the further south and east you get, the worse the standard of driving becomes. Whether the epicentre of bad driving is London, or actually the southern and easternmost corner of England I'm not sure, but believe me, the further north or west you go, the less stressful driving becomes. There are even drivers there who understand the meaning of 'merge' when two lanes go into one - not something that's widely understood by drivers on the A27 or the A259!
    Must be something about the "South East" Here in sunny Georgia its rings true. All a bunch of idiots. Indicators are optional and make a pretty light show! Worst thing is staying in the outside lane (on the left as they drive on the wrong side of the road) and staying there and cruise below the limit because they have to turn left in XXX miles. Dives me batty. Especially as the rule here is "cruise on the right, pass on the left" Its the law! Go further north and its more polite. Oh and not uncommon people (usually wimin) reading iPads while driving. WTF!!!!!
    "Is that an Afghan melon?"

• North Stand Chat

advertising

Mama said knock you out. LlcoolJ's Avatar

1 Not allowed!
      Good luck!
      Last post on this and I'll stop spamming the thread, but a few weeks ago we had to negotiate the A614 and it was the second most scary thing I've experienced while driving.

An old Discovery started driving really erratically behind me. Diving up my arse and then backing off (was in a chain of traffic and keeping a sensible distance at around 40 to 60 depending, and no point in trying to overtake). Then he started weaving out to the other lane and back in again. Even dipped into a lay-by and back out again for no reason.

Got to a roundabout and my son said "it's ok dad he's gone round it". Checked the mirror and he nearly tipped it over as he went all the way round the roundabout and back the other way at which point I breathed a sigh of relief.

Except about five minutes later the ****wit was back. So I slowed down and left a big gap to let him hassle someone else as at this point it felt like Duel (the film) and I had a wife and 11 year old in the car. Took about ten minutes of him weaving about again behind us until he overtook, badly. And then started doing the same to the car in front.

Fortunately, a couple of roundabouts later, he ****ed off to his farm/ inbred village not to be seen again. He'd gained zero from overtaking and was clearly just ****ing about. Looked about 50 too, not some kid.

1 Not allowed!
      Not read the thread, but the pricks who play chicken on a blind curve to burn past you on the wrong side of a minor road, then within 15 seconds join the queue of traffic at the next roundabout, precisely 6 yards in front of you as you pull up behind them. I'm a big fan of giving them the "Nescafe" both as they pass, and then when I pull up behind them. The Cuckfield bypass is a prime wankerzone for exactly this type of cockwomblery.
      "But you accept that there is an increased risk of vehicle/bat collision"

2 Not allowed!
      Oh, and those SHITPUFFINS going eastbound on the A27 wanting to get onto that long downward sliproad for the A23 northbound. They barrel AAALLL the way down the inside lane past the queue, and then jam on the brakes and start indicating 15 yards before the end of the slip and expect to be let in. Sometimes across the stripey bit. Fvck you hombré, you won't get a RIZLA between my front bumper and the car in front of me. Miss your turn and carry on to Hollingbury, or stop dead. I don't give a toss, but you're not cutting in front of me.
      Last edited by Easy 10; 06-07-2018 at 01:36.
      "But you accept that there is an increased risk of vehicle/bat collision"
      Members

2 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by DumLum View Post
      People that control variable speed limits.
      I stick to these limits but become a menace on the roads because nobody else does. Sitting in the inside lane on the M25 doing 40mph with lorries get right up behind you flashing their lights before thundering past.
      They are obviously understaffed or can't pinpoint location of incidents accurately enough. They have become the modern day boy that cried wolf.
      Pisses me off as well. Approach a 60, then a 50, then for no reason it appears to cancel. The only delay has been caused by the numpties calling the shots on the gantries. Beginning to think this will be my next job!

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by portlock seagull View Post
      Every bit as dangerous as drink driving.
      Actually from what I've read there's quite a lot of evidence that it isn't.
      Quote Originally Posted by Billy the Fish View Post
      Are people taking stupidity pills on here today or something
      Members

1 Not allowed!
      Lorries don't use the outside lane on motorways; it's illegal.
      They do when there is only two lanes like the M26. The other day I spent about 5 miles driving behind a lorry trying to overtake another. It was definitely my record time.

0 Not allowed!
      Petulant drivers who seem to think their verbal abuse will be heard by the cyclist it's aimed at, as they zoom past to rejoin the exact place they'd been held up from by 2 seconds.
      “Melancholy is incompatible with bicycling.” James E Starrs
      http://app.strava.com/clubs/north-stand-geeks
      Fantasy Vuelta - League Name: NSC Geeks League Code: 68204709

0 Not allowed!
      Flashing the 'hazards' as a thank you for letting them out or whatever.

Additionally when there is obviously a 4 mile queue ahead which eve the optically challenged can see, some spanners start flashing said lights so that you might see the 40,000 brake lights ahead.

1 Not allowed!
      Cyclist annoy me just being on the road - feck off you slow tossers

On the flip side I hate tailgaters

My word I'm selfish just like everyone else on the road