Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Brighton] Those Brighton Boris Bikes.....

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
As someone that regularly cycles along the seafront bike lane the tourists on hire bikes are a nightmare. Would guess the majority aren't regular cyclists and have no idea of the city cycling lanes so cause all sorts of hazards. The area between the Palace pier and the Peace Statue is the danger zone! Think the hire scheme is a great idea but just wished the day trippers were a bit more sensible.

Aw, come on. The regular cyclists don't use all the cycle lanes either!

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
:rolleyes:

The old "he's replied to me so he must be really really upset" line. How predictable. Right-o chap, I think this has run its course. Have a nice evening.

Actually, you didn’t quote me. Nor did I claim you had. But well done on ignoring what I put because you don’t have an answer.

You didn’t quote me, what you did was run to another thread to tag me in a post, something which you still haven’t really explained. But as you seem to be on the backtrack I’ll let you toddle off now until you feel the need to mention me again. Keep an eye out for someone using a shit phrase on here that they’d never use in real life and then let me know immediately. Something like “I might mince down to the public house” will be accepted, although a classic “shitwomble” is preferred.

Goodbye precious, have a nice evening and don’t let the mean words on the internet upset you too much :wave:

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Aw, come on. The regular cyclists don't use all the cycle lanes either!

Because they are too dangerous.

Then again, on Tuesday, I was quicker on my bike from Hove to Goring along the A259, than any car.

Thank you Mr Tailwind.

Jesus Gul

Feb 23, 2004
I had one fail on me the other day. Thought the chain had come off. Looked down - no chain or belt. How do they work?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Because they are too dangerous.

Then again, on Tuesday, I was quicker on my bike from Hove to Goring along the A259, than any car.

Thank you Mr Tailwind.

Had you had an extra puff on your asthma inhaler?

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Had you had an extra puff on your asthma inhaler?
I wish it might have got me home, instead I had to stop for a triple tiered coffee cake in Ferring, to fuel me the rest of the way home.

I got verbally abused by a women who had to wait 2 seconds as I overtook another cyclist outside The Gather Inn.
This encouraged me to ride directly behind her, which I'm sure came as a surprise.
2 cars in front of her was a distinctive white van from a furniture delivery company, which I then 'raced'.
We must have overtaken each other 4 or 5 times, until I convincingly 'won' the race before we got to Worthing swimming pool.
I'd hate to think how long it took him to go through Worthing, at lunchtime, on a sunny day.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Why isn’t there a straight Pride?

Because theres no need , i cant understand all the fuss about gay pride , a fun day out so im told , and the gay community make a huge contribution to the way Brighton is seen as a stylish trendy place to live , Gay pride also brings a huge amount of revenue into the town, if they could guarantee im not going to see blokes getting at it in the bushes at preston pk i might even go myself.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Because theres no need , i cant understand all the fuss about gay pride , a fun day out so im told , and the gay community make a huge contribution to the way Brighton is seen as a stylish trendy place to live , Gay pride also brings a huge amount of revenue into the town, if they could guarantee im not going to see blokes getting at it in the bushes at preston pk i might even go myself.

Wear a blindfold and give it a go.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Anyone else noticed that the good weather has brought out an absolute epidemic of dippy Dorises and straw hatted shitgibbons hiring the City bikes and riding them in either circles or zig zags down the Prom when there's a perfectly good, bespoke, paid-for-by-my-council-tax cycle lane to use?

This is in no way a dig at regular cyclists BTW. At this time of year they're far too busy taking EPO and clogging up country lanes. :lol: :vuvu: :wrong: :moo:

Lovely stuff.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1

It is called Pride, not gay pride.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here