Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] England's support in the latter stages of the world cup...

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Yeah, some of my mates are talking about driving there if we get to the semis! About 28hrs from Calais.

You can buy tickets from FIFA directly for the game on Saturday still, but yeah seen suggestions that if you're driving need to leave about now - and not stop !

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Couple of friends (go to all bhafc games as well) are heading back out for the quarter finals, they went to all three group games but came back after the 3rd game for a week and a bit

D

Deleted member 18477

Getting in and out of USA is not easy at all........would be a nightmare. Have it all in Mexico - more fun.

I've found getting in and out of US and Canada easy enough with the right visa which lasts for 2 years once you apply.. Maybe you're a criminal?

It is expensive though currently, But 2026 is a few years away yet. US was cheap 10 years ago.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I would imagine there are a whole load of reasons why there is a significant reduction in numbers of England fans attending. Namely, the England performances in recent tournaments have been dire, the team selected has hardly filled anyone with confidence, the perceived threat of violence to England fans (after France Euros), Russia has hardly been considered the most welcoming of countries, and finally, the cost of it all. Take your pick.

Good points but don’t think the first 2 come into it. Many who follow England away do so win or lose and others who do the tournos go for the whole occasion. I think the British media have a lot to answer for with their Russian hooligan overhyped stories personally.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Not true. Free visa's have been available for ages as 'Fan IDs' which can be applied for online once you have purchased a ticket. Piece of cake.

I've got my flights booked for the Semis and Final, fingers crossed fly out again Tuesday - can't wait

mate .....it was on the news , i'm talking about ozzies travelling from oz......bought tickets were granted visas then had them cancelled 3 days before they were supposed to fly out , it got sorted out eventually

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Getting in and out of USA is not easy at all........would be a nightmare. Have it all in Mexico - more fun.

Eh ? Only awkward if you've got a criminal record. If coming from the UK with a UK passport you apply online for an ESTA which takes about 5 minutes and lasts 2 years (think it's $14). A lot of the larger airports now have e-gates for entry, so immigration queues are much, much shorter than they used to be. It's no big deal at all now.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
First WC I can recall where we have been so hugely outnumbered, last game a great effort for the England fans but only around 3k in the stadium. Compare that with Japan / South Korea which was a lot longer trip

Will our numbers swell for Saturday, or it just too hard to get tickets, visa etc at short notice? Samara is also some 1000km from Moscow, a flight there is around £1500 return from the UK

The European nations have supplied low numbers at games, few French and Belgium today. A fear of violence and lack of hotels in almost all the cities were mentioned as key reasons.

In contrast, football means more to South Americans than anything else. Even families with modest income have spent 4 years saving for this.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
The European nations have supplied low numbers at games, few French and Belgium today. A fear of violence and lack of hotels in almost all the cities were mentioned as key reasons.

In contrast, football means more to South Americans than anything else. Even families with modest income have spent 4 years saving for this.

Cost of living so much cheaper to. And let's face it, always 'deals' to be done for those extra treats like a World Cup trip.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I've found getting in and out of US and Canada easy enough with the right visa which lasts for 2 years once you apply.. Maybe you're a criminal?

It is expensive though currently, But 2026 is a few years away yet. US was cheap 10 years ago.

He included Mexico in his post, which causes problems. Will Iran be allowed to play if they qualify?

D

Deleted member 18477

He included Mexico in his post, which causes problems. Will Iran be allowed to play if they qualify?

Don’t know about Iran. Post was about English fans and the lack of them at this World Cup so far. I’ve been to Mexico too, was again very easy.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Don’t know about Iran. Post was about English fans and the lack of them at this World Cup so far. I’ve been to Mexico too, was again very easy.

Trump has passed a law banning any Iranians and other similar nationalities every entering the USA. They qualified for this world cup.

D

Deleted member 18477

Climbing over Trump's big wall?

Travelling tourists at a World Cup get the right visa's and don't climb over walls, they go to airports and get on planes.

The risk of Illegal immigrants will never go away, that's business as usual to Trump. Plus he won't be in charge come then anyway.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Travelling tourists at a World Cup get the right visa's and don't climb over walls, they go to airports and get on planes.

The risk of Illegal immigrants will never go away, that's business as usual to Trump. Plus he won't be in charge come then anyway.

Several have been whooshed by my post.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here