Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Maty Ryan to Everton (was Liverpool)

Murray 17

Jul 6, 2003

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Unbelievable! Those mistakes cost Liverpool their best chance of winning the Champions League for years. He needs to do the decent thing and walk away.

He reportedly was assessed in the US after the final and found to have been suffering from Concussion which occurred during the final and it would have adversely affected his performance in the way that his 'mistakes' appear was as a result of a collision with an opposition player during the 2nd half. No one realised it had happened and he didn't get treated for it or assessed during the game (There are stories about it but I can't search for it now to link it to the post)

If it was behind his dodgy performance, there is no reason why he can't perform well in the future and remain their number 1

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
He reportedly was assessed in the US after the final and found to have been suffering from Concussion which occurred during the final and it would have adversely affected his performance in the way that his 'mistakes' appear was as a result of a collision with an opposition player during the 2nd half. No one realised it had happened and he didn't get treated for it or assessed during the game (There are stories about it but I can't search for it now to link it to the post)

If it was behind his dodgy performance, there is no reason why he can't perform well in the future and remain their number 1

‘Collision’ or ‘another assault by that **** Ramos’ ?

https://youtu.be/r2Ba-5vJ-Ng

TheDuke

Oct 28, 2011
Arundel
Don't think Ramos was anywhere near him in the Champion's semi's when he let a simple shot tru his hands onto the crossbar. Perhaps he was concussed then as well? Many miles ahead of him but please don't go Mr Ryan, we luv yer.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I’d swap keepers with Liverpool

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011
I did say in the Scot Carson thread that maybe Matt may have had an offer.
It seems JK wants to keep Lorius as our main keeper as both Alisson and Oblak would cost over £70m each. Plus he is very loyal to his players and as much of the fan base seem willing to give the goalie another chance, they may be spending big elsewhere, latest rumour is Dybala from Juve.
I heard these rumours 3/4 days ago but to be honest I think it’s rubbish. Matt would be the number two keeper, if Mignolet leaves, and would have to settle for cup games hoping for Karius to make a cock up. I just cannot see it.
Liverpool are big in Oz, but I think if Karius blows it again Matt simply wouldn’t be good enough for the number one spot.
Oh well......

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
I did say in the Scot Carson thread that maybe Matt may have had an offer.
It seems JK wants to keep Lorius as our main keeper as both Alisson and Oblak would cost over £70m each. Plus he is very loyal to his players and as much of the fan base seem willing to give the goalie another chance, they may be spending big elsewhere, latest rumour is Dybala from Juve.
I heard these rumours 3/4 days ago but to be honest I think it’s rubbish. Matt would be the number two keeper, if Mignolet leaves, and would have to settle for cup games hoping for Karius to make a cock up. I just cannot see it.
Liverpool are big in Oz, but I think if Karius blows it again Matt simply wouldn’t be good enough for the number one spot.
Oh well......

:yawn::yawn::yawn::yawn::yawn::yawn:

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Unbelievable! Those mistakes cost Liverpool their best chance of winning the Champions League for years. He needs to do the decent thing and walk away.

You need to do the right thing and stop talking shit.

Firstly, why would you give the slightest **** what the decent thing to do is for liverpool, surely we want them to stick with him so they keep their hands off our GK?

Secondly, he's a good keeper before he got his head caved in.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
if Karius blows it again Matt simply wouldn’t be good enough for the number one spot.

Obviously, I preface this by saying I wholeheartedly hope that Ryan's future is firmly with Brighton and Hove Albion. But to say that he wouldn't be good enough for No:1 spot at Liverpool if they retain their current 'keepers is just laughable.

Both Mignolet and Karius are nothing short of utter toilet and they regularly turn in performances that make them look like they've won a Radio 5 Live listener competition to play in goal for Liverpool. Klopp would have won multiple trophies by now were it not for the clowns he insists on putting between the sticks. To date he has won **** all. Long may it continue.

Murray 17

Jul 6, 2003
You need to do the right thing and stop talking shit.

Firstly, why would you give the slightest **** what the decent thing to do is for liverpool, surely we want them to stick with him so they keep their hands off our GK?

Secondly, he's a good keeper before he got his head caved in.
Firstly, why do people on NSC deem it OK to swear at other posters, people who may have a different opinion to them? Have I ever told you to stop talking sh1t? Have some respect.

Secondly, he's such a good goalkeeper that he's played 29 times for Liverpool in 2 years. He was dropped in favour of Mignolet because he was playing poorly. Then Mignolet played poorly, and he got back in. That's how it is when you don't have a top-class keeper.

Thirdly, when did he get his 'head caved in'? Nobody knew anything about this until he went to a supposed expert, who apparently said he 'might' have had concussion.

Finally, no of course I don't want Ryan to leave. He's a good keeper. I don't think he's a world-class keeper though, which is really what Liverpool need to move up to the next level.

Murray 17

Jul 6, 2003
Both Mignolet and Karius are nothing short of utter toilet and they regularly turn in performances that make them look like they've won a Radio 5 Live listener competition to play in goal for Liverpool. Klopp would have won multiple trophies by now were it not for the clowns he insists on putting between the sticks. To date he has won **** all. Long may it continue.

Well said!

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011
Obviously, I preface this by saying I wholeheartedly hope that Ryan's future is firmly with Brighton and Hove Albion. But to say that he wouldn't be good enough for No:1 spot at Liverpool if they retain their current 'keepers is just laughable.

You obviously only watch YouTube highlights, because your arguments just aren’t true.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
You obviously only watch YouTube highlights, because your arguments just aren’t true.

Fair enough. I'll wait for you to post on this thread the silverware to date that Klopp has won at Liverpool...

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011
Fair enough. I'll wait for you to post on this thread the silverware to date that Klopp has won at Liverpool...

In three seasons, he reached a League Cup Final, lost to City.
Reached the final of the UEFA Europa League, lost to Sevilla who won it three years on the trot.
Reached the Champions League final, 13 times winner. Plus two top four finishes in the PL.
Before he came we finished 7th.
Not too shoddy lad.....

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Karius and Mingolet aren't THAT bad! Good, solid EPL keepers for most teams and equals to Ryan. That said Liverpool need a 'top 6 keeper' which is like a different league to the other 14 teams.

I think Maty is as good as their current players and has potential to improve (though so do they). He needs to play to do that though and has shown such in his history. Needs to crack on next season with making further improvements and hopefully in a couple years they can come in with a huge bid.

Would only sell him now for the price of Butland and can't see that happening in a million years. Liverpool if they bother buying a keeper need to go elite or stick for another season. They'll know more then.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
In three seasons, he reached a League Cup Final, lost to City.
Reached the final of the UEFA Europa League, lost to Sevilla who won it three years on the trot.
Reached the Champions League final, 13 times winner. Plus two top four finishes in the PL.
Before he came we finished 7th.
Not too shoddy lad.....

:yawn::yawn::yawn::yawn:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here