Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Maty Ryan to Everton (was Liverpool)

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012
I have seen rumours that Liverpool have been linked to Maty Ryan, I assume they are no more than just that, Rumours but he would be a huge loss to us if he did go.

As good as he was for us last season, Would he be anything more than second choice for Liverpool?

Always interested when users come on here and start threads like this. Where have you seen these rumours, what did they say and do you have any links ?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Not sure he'd want to go even further away from Australia... but would explain why he is not in any pre-season photos so far !

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I don't think there's any truth in it - but I do think there's logic in it. Ryan got better and better as the season went on and is very comfortable with his feet, which Liverpool would require/expect. Whether he's better than Karius or not, I'm not convinced but I do think another season for us like he had last season and we'll struggle to keep him in a years time.

I'm convinced he is better than Karius, and Mignolet too for that matter.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Always interested when users come on here and start threads like this. Where have you seen these rumours, what did they say and do you have any links ?

Just a few friends messaged me this morning about it, Personally I find it an interesting talking point, more around Ryans ability and what a loss it would be to the team. I clearly state I believe it as Just a rumour.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012
Just a few friends messaged me this morning about it, Personally I find it an interesting talking point, more around Ryans ability and what a loss it would be to the team. I clearly state I believe it as Just a rumour.

Agreed. A thread saying Maty Ryan - Could be play for a top 6 club or Maty Ryan - whats he worth is an interesting talking point and very different to one called "Maty Ryan to Liverpool"

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Not sure he'd want to go even further away from Australia... but would explain why he is not in any pre-season photos so far !

He's been at the world cup - he gets a bit longer off. No conspiracy there.

Albion Robster

Jul 21, 2003
North West
Heard Liverpool have a medical booked in for a signing today.

Matt Ryan was back in Australia yesterday.

More than likely that medical will be for Shaqiri.

Nothing to see here...

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Heard Liverpool have a medical booked in for a signing today.

More than likely that medical will be for Shaqiri.

Any X-Rays should show that his hips don't lie.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patreon
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
So basically, its a rumour that you've started

987b61069b2a8d052c57ddb4c46ed877.png

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
No - it wouldn't explain Scott Carson.

It would explain signing a very decent non-HGP keeper, but Scott Carson isn't one of those.

However, Tim Krul not signing another contract would explain Scott Carson fully.

:shrug:

Pete O'Rourke suggesting we are about to sign Button from Fulham... no idea what that means.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here