Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Maty Ryan to Everton (was Liverpool)

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
I have seen rumours that Liverpool have been linked to Maty Ryan, I assume they are no more than just that, Rumours but he would be a huge loss to us if he did go.

As good as he was for us last season, Would he be anything more than second choice for Liverpool?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Ultimately every player has his price, even ours. Bearing in mind Liverpool's current GK options, I'd imagine Maty would be the obvious no.1.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I don't think there's any truth in it - but I do think there's logic in it. Ryan got better and better as the season went on and is very comfortable with his feet, which Liverpool would require/expect. Whether he's better than Karius or not, I'm not convinced but I do think another season for us like he had last season and we'll struggle to keep him in a years time.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Had a bad time at his last big club Valencia, so may not be that keen to get back into a similar situation. Enjoying life at the albion.

File under 'unlikely speculation'.

...unless we suddenly sign a decent non-HGP keeper.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Had a bad time at his last big club Valencia, so may not be that keen to get back into a similar situation. Enjoying life at the albion.

File under 'unlikely speculation'.

...unless we suddenly sign a decent non-HGP keeper.

How much did we pay for him, and how much would be the acceptable price were this story true?

Was it about £6m?

I'd accept nothing short of £30m...

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
How much did we pay for him, and how much would be the acceptable price were this story true?

Was it about £6m?

I'd accept nothing short of £30m...

As far as I can tell this story is just snowballing internet factoid based on a speculative guess with no evidence that it is true.

:shrug:

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
As far as I can tell this story is just snowballing internet factoid based on a speculative guess with no evidence that it is true.

But... given his performances etc, it can't be ruled out.

How would do you think we'd accept?

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
If true this would partly explain our interest in Scott Carson but I would expect Liverpool to go for Butland. I hope that it is not true.

That’s the more logical move for them for me, or anyone in the Premier League with a keeper issue.

I expect our interest in Carson is nothin to do with Maty going to Liverpool though. Good idea to target a more mature home grown player who has had an would like another crack at Premier League before the end of their career.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
If true this would partly explain our interest in Scott Carson but I would expect Liverpool to go for Butland. I hope that it is not true.

No - it wouldn't explain Scott Carson.

It would explain signing a very decent non-HGP keeper, but Scott Carson isn't one of those.

However, Tim Krul not signing another contract would explain Scott Carson fully.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Admittedly transfer reporting is a feast of lies, untruths, rumours, fakery, trolling and only a very small amount of faithful reporting.

This "rumour" is so clearly the former.

There's nothing whatsoever to stand it up. In fact the Mirror has the only decent piece on this saying this morning that Klopp is not intending to replace Karius as things stand which effectively shuts this rumour down.
https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/loris-karius-remain-liverpool-no1-12855047

There is however some good reporting confirming we've bid for Carson (Derby Telegraph don't print rubbish) but its clearly a long way from happening. Perhaps this is to do with Albion still looking to replace Krul. Because , like it or not and plenty on here can't quite believe it, we are seeking to have, like last season, 3 experienced keepers in our 25 man squad. Steele, Ryan and A.nother.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I think that Scott Carsoin is a decent keeper and am surprised Lampard is prepared to let him go. In all teams you need a decent 'spine' a keeper, centre back and striker to build around.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Well they certainly got to have a good look at his ability to stop goals in the the two fixtures between the clubs last season.

Oh... :dunce:

:jester:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here