Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Scott Carson

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Understoood, I think that's a bit of an awkward one for Brighton, how do you replace a keeper for 1 month?

What if the month in question was January, and you had on your books a massively highly-rated, 6'5" England U21 keeper, who was being sent out on loan to the Championship for the season, but could potentially be recalled on the first day of the January window, then returned to his loan club on the 31st...?

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012
Because I’m bored, because I didn’t realise all rumours had to be verified by independent sources, because it may have a grain of truth in it, no matter how unlikely that seems, because this is an Albion forum and the tweet related to us.

Chose any of the above.

I don't mind. I enjoy reading this stuff and where rumours start and how they are spread. All good.. And of course how people use NSC is up to them. And if you think nearly all Twitter transfer rumours about Brighton are lies and you don't believe them but want to keep sharing them on here then all good. !

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012
What if the month in question was January, and you had on your books a massively highly-rated, 6'5" England U21 keeper, who was being sent out on loan to the Championship for the season, but could potentially be recalled on the first day of the January window, then returned to his loan club on the 31st...?

What if you were a Championship club fighting for a play off spot perhaps, who lost one of their best players for a month despite the parent club having ££Mm to have a back up player on their books. All just to get them through this period which they've known about for months and then they cheekily came back to you on Jan 31st - saying do you want him back ?
What if you were this tall goalkeeper who ended up back in Albion's u23s as a result ? How would that make you feel about making the Albion your long term home as a player in Prem League ?

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Also on Twitter, West Ham are interested in Maty.

Sell him for £40 million, get in either, Butland, Pope, or Heaton.
Job done

Tom Heaton must be THE unluckiest of keepers. Lost his place through injury to Nick Pope, then sees his understudy also take what would have probably been his place in the squad for the World Cup. What were the odds on that happening?

Jackthelad

Mar 31, 2010
Also on Twitter, West Ham are interested in Maty.

Sell him for £40 million, get in either, Butland, Pope, or Heaton.
Job done

Why none of them are better than Ryan, there is a reason clubs are sniffing about him because he's good with age on his side and not green, I rather we keep him than buy green hyped overpriced English keepers.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Why none of them are better than Ryan, there is a reason clubs are sniffing about him because he's good with age on his side and not green, I rather we keep him than buy green hyped overpriced English keepers.

Totally agree, mine was more a worse case scenario.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

A1X

NSC Patreon
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
We could do far worse as a back-up IMHO

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
Actually, there have been some very weird goalkeeper moves so far this summer. Us signing Steele, and I also saw Man United chose last night to quietly bury the news that they'd signed Lee Grant from Stoke.

It's almost like the market for English first team players is exorbitant, and you need 8 in your 25 man squad. Get in these cheap alternatives as filler and then get better, first team players to make up the other 17 from abroad.

murciagull

Nov 27, 2006
Murcia
on Twitter its actually this rather fanciful account that seems to have kicked off that particular one. Does it look reliable to you ?

[tweet]1014622990296702976[/tweet]

On the shortlist so its official

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012
On the shortlist so its official

If you think "Agent Uncle Sam" with his 290 followers is "told" anything worthwile about transfer signings let alone what Scott Carson is thinking or whether West Ham are interested in Maty Ryan then good luck to you !!

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Anyone else heard we've drafted in Mel Capleton to join our team of goalkeeping coaches??

forumwayseagull

Oct 22, 2005
Rochester kent
Another name tonight..YVES BISSOUNA..

Club’s talks with Brighton and Fulham heading ‘in right direction’, midfielder could have choice to make
By Tom Coast - 5th July 2018

About a week ago, France Football claimed both Everton and Tottenham were after Lille midfielder Yves Bissouma, which dated to multiple claims in May, seemingly started by Sky Sports.

Either way, those two clubs are now out of the picture entirely, according to Foot Mercato, and have been replaced by another Premier League pair.

Debunking the story that Lille had an agreement with Porto for the player’s transfer, the French website report Brighton & Hove Albion and Fulham are the interested parties.

The Portuguese club are still in the picture, but if it came down to the 21-year-old, his preferred destination would be England as he ‘dreams’ of playing in the Premier League next season.

Embed from Getty Images

Recently promoted from the Championship, the Cottagers have been touted to make a number of big moves this summer, as they try to bolster their squad for a tough season in the top-tier.

Managing to keep hold of Ryan Sessegnon, Fulham are also in the process of making Aleksandar Mitrovic’s loan from Newcastle permanent alongside being their hunt for a new centre-back.

With just Tom Cairney and Stefan Johansen in midfield, another man in the role certainly wouldn’t hurt.

As for Brighton, we can only assume Chris Hughton sees Bissouma as the ideal man to help with the rotation of Davy Propper and Dale Stephens next season, who both started at least 35 Premier League games in 2017-18.

There’s no information about the price in Foot Mercato’s article, but the French website state negotiations between Lille and the two clubs are heading in the right direction.

This means Bissouma might end up having to choose between Brighton and Fulham if they both meet the Ligue 1 side’s demands.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here