Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'd prefer Jack Russels.

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
Odd one, would Brighton want to spend relatively big money on, I assume, a backup keeper? Would Carson want to be a bench warmer?

That said, it's Nixon so likely to be horse dung.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Why don’t we try and get Stockdale back? Surely he’d be cheaper than Carson?

Followed him last season at Birmingham and spotted at their training ground.. Currently relegated to their u-23's. If you needed to park the bus he looks in perfect physical shape for the role.

forumwayseagull

Oct 22, 2005
Rochester kent
Odd one, would Brighton want to spend relatively big money on, I assume, a backup keeper? Would Carson want to be a bench warmer?

That said, it's Nixon so likely to be horse dung.

In fairness we need competition for all places, (Steele is probably no 3 choice) and with Ryan away in Jan a top keeper will be essential.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I see a lot of boot quaking ( not too much on NSC ) that Carson would be a replacement for Ryan.

Think it through though.

1) If our 1st choice keeper left, we'd be looking at a non-HGP replacement.

2) In the small chance that wasn't the case, Tim Krul would have already re-signed.

This is a signing to replace Krul, for sure.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012

Nor me. Would he be prepared to come though, knowing he was understudy to Maty Ryan? A good experienced keeper who l would have thought would want to be starting games at this stage of his career..

Well yes and i've no idea if Carson is actually a target, but then, on this basis, no Premier League club would have anything other than 1 keeper in their squad.
Its a gamble but experienced keepers tend to come for the ££ , and are prepared to gamble for the chance to fight for a place and game time. (injuries/loss of form) . Not forever (see Tim Krul) but plenty do it.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Also rumour doing rounds that Liverpool in for Maty Ryan. Not sure how this took off, no tabloid sources for it.
Anyway Mirror are reporting this morning, perhaps surprisingly, that Klopp is no longer looking to replace Karius and aren't interested, for now, in a new GK.
https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/loris-karius-remain-liverpool-no1-12855047

Also on Twitter, West Ham are interested in Maty.

Sell him for £40 million, get in either, Butland, Pope, or Heaton.
Job done

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012
Also on Twitter, West Ham are interested in Maty.

on Twitter its actually this rather fanciful account that seems to have kicked off that particular one. Does it look reliable to you ?

[tweet]1014622990296702976[/tweet]

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
This can't be true, I've heard of Scott Carson.

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
In fairness we need competition for all places, (Steele is probably no 3 choice) and with Ryan away in Jan a top keeper will be essential.

Understoood, I think that's a bit of an awkward one for Brighton, how do you replace a keeper for 1 month?

Well yes and i've no idea if Carson is actually a target, but then, on this basis, no Premier League club would have anything other than 1 keeper in their squad.
Its a gamble but experienced keepers tend to come for the ££ , and are prepared to gamble for the chance to fight for a place and game time. (injuries/loss of form) . Not forever (see Tim Krul) but plenty do it.

Yeah, but Tim Krul wasn't in the side at Newcastle was he? Tricky one though, you obviously do need cover for Ryan. Lee Grant would have been a great choice!

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Seems settled at Derby and his missus has a business there. Would just he relocate away from his family?

Also Derby have offloaded a lot of the high earners now. I'd be surprised if this happened.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Why did you repeat it on here then ?

Because I’m bored, because I didn’t realise all rumours had to be verified by independent sources, because it may have a grain of truth in it, no matter how unlikely that seems, because this is an Albion forum and the tweet related to us.

Chose any of the above.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here