Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[NSC] Photoshopped / Digitally altered PCN to fraudulently obtain funds by A Borough of London

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
OK well hes not a looney for one and two for your information he has been contacted this morning by someone who runs a very well known national website who also is not a looney who is taking up his case
Oo, how exciting. I'm sure there'd be no problem telling us the name of the website. Please post a thread when it's been shown that the council has committed fraud.

some people get it straight away some are a little slow
Yep, some of us get that there's nothing to see here, others are, as you say, a little slow.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I wonder if the OP has suggested that his son tells the owner of the very well known national website that the number plate does not exist - at least according to DVLA?
I'm just hoping some bright and imaginative chap starts some more bullshit threads like this one. If only there was someone here who could step up to the plate.

[MENTION=1416]Ernest[/MENTION]

lost in london

Dec 10, 2003
London
What a farce.

You're a lunatic OP and I bet the 'national website' owner is a lunatic as well.

You're suggesting that Councils defraud the public by artificially creating penalty notices by way of some utter pony photoshop work. As. F*cking. If.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
I've contacted Newham Council to see what they have to say.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
This has to be one of the most laugh-out-loud posts I've read on NSC in ages. Good work OP :lolol:

I also love that there are journalists who use this line to get loonies to go away :lolol:
You must be one of those that don't get it.

Now I can understand if this was just a piss-take thread because the OP was board, but they've also gone and posted the same thing on money saving expert. WTF?

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro

Now I can understand if this was just a piss-take thread because the OP was board, but they've also gone and posted the same thing on money saving expert. WTF?

Are you sure it's the same car? There could be thousands of other people in this very situation. Millions.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

larus

Trigaaar.

I happen to know the person who owns the car and this is far from a piss-take/wind-up.

The picture shows his ‘number plate’, but :
1. His car is a different model to that in the picture.
2. The number plates look doctored in the image.
3. He has a cast-iron alibi on the date in question.

The point of the post is not to get the PCN revoked - the council will want that to happen. The point is that someone in the council has doctored an image and attached as evidence of the PCN. Now, this may be innocent (an individual doing it off their own back), but the point is ‘evidence’ has been tampered with. If this gets proven as being doctored, just think of the implications for others and the PCNs issued in the past by councils.

The person involved wants to get hold of the original, but when this gets to 56 days the council has the right to just delete the images, so the proof disappears.

Now, you may choose to disbelieve me but I know for a fact that everything the OP has stated is correct. The person has contacted a national paper, the MET and was having conversations with them regarding this issue. I haven’t spoken to him for a couple of weeks so don’t know the recent updates.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Trigaaar.

I happen to know the person who owns the car and this is far from a piss-take/wind-up.

3. He has a cast-iron alibi on the date in question.

The point of the post is not to get the PCN revoked - the council will want that to happen. The point is that someone in the council has doctored an image and attached as evidence of the PCN. Now, this may be innocent (an individual doing it off their own back), but the point is ‘evidence’ has been tampered with. If this gets proven as being doctored, just think of the implications for others and the PCNs issued in the past by councils.

The person involved wants to get hold of the original, but when this gets to 56 days the council has the right to just delete the images, so the proof disappears.

Now, you may choose to disbelieve me but I know for a fact that everything the OP has stated is correct. The person has contacted a national paper, the MET and was having conversations with them regarding this issue. I haven’t spoken to him for a couple of weeks so don’t know the recent updates.

So how do you explain the reg number not existing on records, and the road on the image not existing in the borough named on MSE?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Trigaaar.

Ok.
So someone cloned the plate, and then the council used software to make the plate look clearer.

The point of the post is not to get the PCN revoked - the council will want that to happen.
I'm well aware of that. If they didn't want the PCN revoked, they should have started by collecting evidence, and then gone on from there. Instead they've provided evidence that it wasn't their car, so the PCN has naturally been dropped, as they no doubt do in other cases.

The point is that someone in the council has doctored an image and attached as evidence of the PCN. Now, this may be innocent (an individual doing it off their own back), but the point is ‘evidence’ has been tampered with.
That's not really clear at this point, unless you're an expert in this legal issue, and you know this hasn't happened with other PCNs.

The person involved wants to get hold of the original
They should have thought about that before proving it wasn't them. They don't really have a right to have the original, it's obviously not a picture of their car.
but when this gets to 56 days the council has the right to just delete the images, so the proof disappears.
I know, I've read the thread.

Now, you may choose to disbelieve me but I know for a fact that everything the OP has stated is correct.
Is their number plate correct? Because others have stated it's not registered with the DVLA.

The OP has suggested that this could be happening to thousands of motorists, so that the council can make a cheeky, fraudulent buck. Do you really believe that?

larus

This has to be one of the most laugh-out-loud posts I've read on NSC in ages. Good work OP :lolol:

I also love that there are journalists who use this line to get loonies to go away :lolol:

Seems the loonies are the ones that can’t accept that the establishment may f*ck up. I know the OPs son and the story is 100% accurate. Everything from the doctored image, to the Met being involved and the contact to a national newspaper.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here