Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[NSC] Photoshopped / Digitally altered PCN to fraudulently obtain funds by A Borough of London

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Fascinating stuff, perspective is clearly wrong unless you have your number plate at a 45 degree angle tilting upwards. Would like to see what photo’s other people receive.

Even switching the colour one to black and white it doesn't match the pure white, and the shadows show the cars are facing the same direction to the sun and shouldn't make the white look darker.

View attachment 98384

It's definitely fascinating. Actually worse than the "if at 45 degrees". If you zoom in with whatever software, the letters are pixel for pixel completely straight on both plains.

That isn't anything any enhancement would do - they are simply over-layed.

The only analogy I can think of is a identikit. We think it might look like this, but the look "like this" isn't based on a photo. It's an artistic representation.

I have absolutely no idea of how this works but that clearly not an "enhanced image". At best some software has had a stab at the reg and simply written it the over top.

Possibly some internal thing - but you would never send that as evidence. That's bizarre....

I don't own a car - but do these images normally actually look like this ?

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
I give you Tom Denning:

In 1980, during an appeal by the Birmingham Six (who were later acquitted), Denning judged that the men should be stopped from challenging legal decisions. He listed several reasons for not allowing their appeal:

"Just consider the course of events if their action were to proceed to trial ... If the six men failed it would mean that much time and money and worry would have been expended by many people to no good purpose. If they won, it would mean that the police were guilty of perjury; that they were guilty of violence and threats; that the confessions were involuntary and improperly admitted in evidence; and that the convictions were erroneous. ... That was such an appalling vista that every sensible person would say, "It cannot be right that these actions should go any further."

Who knows, eh? :shrug:
But a council going that deep over parking fines?! Oh yeah, I forgot that they've had their balls cut off by the government and need every penny they can get. Suddenly seems more plausible.

PeterOut

Aug 16, 2016
I give you Tom Denning:

In 1980, during an appeal by the Birmingham Six (who were later acquitted), Denning judged that the men should be stopped from challenging legal decisions. He listed several reasons for not allowing their appeal:

"Just consider the course of events if their action were to proceed to trial ... If the six men failed it would mean that much time and money and worry would have been expended by many people to no good purpose. If they won, it would mean that the police were guilty of perjury; that they were guilty of violence and threats; that the confessions were involuntary and improperly admitted in evidence; and that the convictions were erroneous. ... That was such an appalling vista that every sensible person would say, "It cannot be right that these actions should go any further."

Who knows, eh? :shrug:

Hmm - comparing (from one interpretation) a Council 'deliberately' trying to extract £60 from a motorist, with the UK Government's dealings with the Birmingham Six?
That's a bit like comparing a neighbour parking across your drive, with the siege of Leningrad.

But as you say - who knows, eh? :shrug:

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
If you read the thread from the start there are clues.

Incidentally, since you are a scholar of this sort of stuff, I bought a book recently; do you think I should start it from the beginning, middle or end? I favour the middle, because it is even handed.

Ooo, why thank you :blush:

To be honest there's no point reading any of it if the synopsis gives away what happens. I do however, get into the habit of reading a long thread backwards from the last post :)

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Hmm - comparing (from one interpretation) a Council 'deliberately' trying to extract £60 from a motorist, with the UK Government's dealings with the Birmingham Six?
That's a bit like comparing a neighbour parking across your drive, with the siege of Leningrad.

Its not a comparison. Its an analogy :lolol::thumbsup:

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Council's aren't quite that skint (yet).

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Did I miss this in the national news ?

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel

There's a siege in Leningrad you say, well I never.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Did I miss this in the national news ?
I understand the OP has been offered £50k to drop the story. It seems the joke was on us.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
There's a siege in Leningrad you say, well I never.

****ing hell. This thread seems to have turned into a circle jerk for the exceptionally gifted. I'll back away carefuly, before someone puts my eye out with their dick.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I understand the OP has been offered £50k to drop the story. It seems the joke was on us.

Too late. I'm now blind in one eye. :facepalm:

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
****ing hell. This thread seems to have turned into a circle jerk for the exceptionally gifted. I'll back away carefuly, before someone puts my eye out with their dick.

Apologies if my attempt at humour passed you by .... knock, knock ....

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Apologies if my attempt at humour passed you by .... knock, knock ....

I had a spot of bother with some posts on this thread earlier. I suspect its just my problem. Never mind. :thumbsup:

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
I think it’s wicked to remind people of posts they made in the past that they might now regret.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here