Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast
    Staring at the rude boys happypig's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
    1981 Forgery and Counterfeiting Act Sections 1-4
    The offence of forgery.
    A person is guilty of forgery if he makes a false instrument, with the intention that he or another shall use it to induce somebody to accept it as genuine, and by reason of so accepting it to do or not to do some act to his own or any other person’s prejudice.
    2 The offence of copying a false instrument.
    It is an offence for a person to make a copy of an instrument which is, and which he knows or believes to be, a false instrument, with the intention that he or another shall use it to induce somebody to accept it as a copy of a genuine instrument, and by reason of so accepting it to do or not to do some act to his own or any other person’s prejudice.
    3 The offence of using a false instrument.
    It is an offence for a person to use an instrument which is, and which he knows or believes to be, false, with the intention of inducing somebody to accept it as genuine, and by reason of so accepting it to do or not to do some act to his own or any other person’s prejudice.
    4 The offence of using a copy of a false instrument.
    It is an offence for a person to use a copy of an instrument which is, and which he knows or believes to be, a false instrument, with the intention of inducing somebody to accept it as a copy of a genuine instrument, and by reason of so accepting it to do or not to do some act to his own or any other person’s prejudice.
    https://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1981/45/part/I
    "Nibbled to death by an okapi..."

• North Stand Chat

advertising

A. Virgo, Football Genius

1 Not allowed!
      definatly looks like a police matter. not trivial implications, because you wouldnt do this for a one off.

London boroughs have been turning a blind eye to fraudlent parking tickets for years, despite something ridiculous like 90% of cases taken to court thrown out. but thats civil law, pretty sure this is criminal, improper access to computer systems to obtain the number plate and the forgery itself.
      Daily Mail readers are living in a perpetual hell, expecting their homes to be overrun at any minute by hoodie wearing, skunk smoking, muslim, transgender, asylum seekers.

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by studio150 View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Why would the red go to white in a monochrome photograph ?
      I'm just speculating on what may have happened. Them just making up a plate sounds unlikely. It's possible that software could be determining the plate number, and then they re-write that in an easier to read format, which has overwritten the original plate.

Seems like a weird thing to do, but then so does completely making up a number plate. If they did that, everyone would challenge their ticket, as they'd know they weren't in London that day.
      Hold tight, my man
      He's got the frisbee

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by mickybha View Post
      not a cloned plate its a photo shopped plate
      Maybe a cloned plate AND edited/enhanced (for clarity) image?

Without wanting to know private details, you've identified vehicle differences, but is it the same model and colour? It was easy to prove when my Micra plates were photographed on a Range Rover!
      Was that the intro? I should have been in!

0 Not allowed!
      Action Fraud are acting to slowly this is very time criical and by the time they get to the nuts and bolts of this claim all the data held by the council in question will be deleted as part of council procedures, this point has very nearly been reached and the council in question are making every effort to delay the process and are in the process of trying to close down the PCN asap
      If you started by getting them to email you all the photos, then they can't delete it, they've already sent it. They also wouldn't routinely delete photos in a short time period, as they are evidence for those who have broken traffic rules.
      Hold tight, my man
      He's got the frisbee

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Oxy McFloppie-Tish View Post
      Maybe a cloned plate AND edited/enhanced (for clarity) image?

Without wanting to know private details, you've identified vehicle differences, but is it the same model and colour? It was easy to prove when my Micra plates were photographed on a Range Rover!
      Maybe i'm mistaken, but that red would go grey in monochrome, not white.
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      not a cloned plate its a photo shopped plate
      If it was me, I would just go through the procedure of denying that it was my vehicle. The LA will either drop it or pursue it, if they pursue it, take it as far as they will go, they will produce large amounts of paper, the more "evidence" they provide, the more evidence you will have. I would also keep your details private when posting on this and other forums, delete the image showing your reg.

P.S. if they insist you cough up, nail the ********.
      Posted by Kosh, 19/7/2016 - 14th - 11th this year, or I'll eat my big Ritchie Blackmore hat.
      SELDOM IN NEWHAVEN

0 Not allowed!
      Having been on the receiving end of a London authority, I would suggest in the first instance go and speak to a solicitor, before the authority pass this onto high court bailiffs.
      excuse my spelling and grammer i was educated at Hove Park.

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Triggaaar View Post
      I'm just speculating on what may have happened. Them just making up a plate sounds unlikely. It's possible that software could be determining the plate number, and then they re-write that in an easier to read format, which has overwritten the original plate.

Seems like a weird thing to do, but then so does completely making up a number plate. If they did that, everyone would challenge their ticket, as they'd know they weren't in London that day.

I'm wondering if it's a software thing too. Does look a bit weird, but could just be them enhancing the important part of the image.
      The lady has foolishly attempted to join the conversation with a wild and dangerous opinion of her own. What half-baked drivel! See how the men look at her with utter contempt.
      Members

1 Not allowed!
      A journalist at a national news paper totaly gets it, and would love an exclusive but admits that the story is just to big to print at this stage
      I'm sorry, I don't believe that for one minute: it may that there aren't enough details. I'd want to know if there were similar cases in that borough. It's a lot of trouble to go to if it's just a one-off.

The big question in any case of financial shenanigans is cui bono? It's not clear from your description who does: is the money to go to a genuine council account? Or is to go to what seems like a genuine council account but isn't? Or does it go A/c A Fraudster No 12345678 at the National Bank of Chancers?

And don't rule out the possibility of a mistake. As Trig says, it could be a software glitch or the timestamp is wrong and it is your car but on a different day that they suggested.
      Brevis esse laboro, obscurus fio