Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[NSC] Photoshopped / Digitally altered PCN to fraudulently obtain funds by A Borough of London

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
What a fool you are. The OP has stated facts and, if you bothered to read and understand the OPs post, you may want to think about the implications of it. Then again, maybe you’d struggle with the thinking part.

:moo:

larus

Ok.
So someone cloned the plate, and then the council used software to make the plate look clearer.

I'm well aware of that. If they didn't want the PCN revoked, they should have started by collecting evidence, and then gone on from there. Instead they've provided evidence that it wasn't their car, so the PCN has naturally been dropped, as they no doubt do in other cases.

That's not really clear at this point, unless you're an expert in this legal issue, and you know this hasn't happened with other PCNs.

They should have thought about that before proving it wasn't them. They don't really have a right to have the original, it's obviously not a picture of their car.
I know, I've read the thread.

Is their number plate correct? Because others have stated it's not registered with the DVLA.

The OP has suggested that this could be happening to thousands of motorists, so that the council can make a cheeky, fraudulent buck. Do you really believe that?

The comments from the MET the the OPs son were (to paraphrase).

If someone has gone to the effort to clone a numberplate, they will want to be using that for serious crimes. They won’t do anything as stupid as being caught for a minor traffic offence. The reason being that once the number place is detected as being cloned, then the ANPR cameras will alert the police and they will stop the car. So, just think about that. Why would someone clone a plate and then use it for minor activity?

If you accept that this is what the MET told him, then the cloning does not seem likely. Hence the interest of the MET as it is much bigger then a PCN. If the council has doctored an image then this is serious.

larus

So how do you explain the reg number not existing on records, and the road on the image not existing in the borough named on MSE?

Because he now has his own private plate on the car. He was waiting to get it transferred over.

See, all these super wise posters on here, missed something a f*cking obvious as that. Shows how much these ‘intelligent’ people really know eh!

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Because he now has his own private plate on the car. He was waiting to get it transferred over.

See, all these super wise posters on here, missed something a f*cking obvious as that. Shows how much these ‘intelligent’ people really know eh!

What about the street not being in the borough council listed on the penalty notice ?

larus

From memory, Ealing is not the Borough in question.

However, I have seen the paperwork and it’s a PCN from a London Council. I will say no more than that.

I only posted as the abuse directed at the OP was totally out of order - as this is serious if it can be proven.

Just think about it. A council has attached images which have been doctored onto a PCN.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Seems the loonies are the ones that can’t accept that the establishment may f*ck up.
There's a big difference between the odd f*ck up and a council being involved in wide-scale fraud that they could never hope to get away with.

I know the OPs son and the story is 100% accurate. Everything from the doctored image, to the Met being involved and the contact to a national newspaper.
That's doesn't mean it's not simply a cloned plate.

If someone has gone to the effort to clone a numberplate, they will want to be using that for serious crimes. They won’t do anything as stupid as being caught for a minor traffic offence.
So on one hand, maybe a criminal was silly and made a mistake - on the other hand, the council is involved in a massive fraud case.

The reason being that once the number place is detected as being cloned, then the ANPR cameras will alert the police and they will stop the car. So, just think about that. Why would someone clone a plate and then use it for minor activity?
Because people make mistakes :shrug:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Ok.
So someone cloned the plate, and then the council used software to make the plate look clearer.

I'm well aware of that. If they didn't want the PCN revoked, they should have started by collecting evidence, and then gone on from there. Instead they've provided evidence that it wasn't their car, so the PCN has naturally been dropped, as they no doubt do in other cases.

That's not really clear at this point, unless you're an expert in this legal issue, and you know this hasn't happened with other PCNs.

They should have thought about that before proving it wasn't them. They don't really have a right to have the original, it's obviously not a picture of their car.
I know, I've read the thread.

Is their number plate correct? Because others have stated it's not registered with the DVLA.

The OP has suggested that this could be happening to thousands of motorists, so that the council can make a cheeky, fraudulent buck. Do you really believe that?

I know you are the resident pedant but, crikey.....is there really any need for this? If I ever need a bit of plastering done I won't be coming to you for an estimate - I'd end up with a thesis on the pros and cons of the sistine chapel :lolol:

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003

Why so hostile?

It's a weird situation. The OP hasn't posted the issue in a clear, consistent way. Certainly not across the two boards.

I wish him luck... I guess. *shrugs*

m20gull

Jun 10, 2004
Land of the Chavs

If someone has gone to the effort to clone a numberplate, they will want to be using that for serious crimes. They won’t do anything as stupid as being caught for a minor traffic offence. The reason being that once the number place is detected as being cloned, then the ANPR cameras will alert the police and they will stop the car. So, just think about that. Why would someone clone a plate and then use it for minor activity?

If you accept that this is what the MET told him, then the cloning does not seem likely. Hence the interest of the MET as it is much bigger then a PCN. If the council has doctored an image then this is serious.
One of our plates was cloned and for a couple of months we had a series of parking, bus lane and one-way street PCNs. All withdrawn by the London boroughs as soon as we provided a picture of the car and a crime reference. One Met person told us that it wasn't an offence so would not record the crime. Yes, really.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
One of our plates was cloned and for a couple of months we had a series of parking, bus lane and one-way street PCNs. All withdrawn by the London boroughs as soon as we provided a picture of the car and a crime reference. One Met person told us that it wasn't an offence so would not record the crime. Yes, really.

Yeah this is the point I’m calling nonsense - This clone plated stuff happens dozens of times a day. Yes, ANPR will do that - but those with cloned plates have already disposed of the ones they were using by the time PCNs turn up on the doorstep of the legitimate owner and moved onto the next one.

The Met aren’t interested (unless there is a lot more than what has gone on with this thread). Your experience M20gull is about the normal response. It happens so many times it’s 2nd nature.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Seems the loonies are the ones that can’t accept that the establishment may f*ck up. I know the OPs son and the story is 100% accurate. Everything from the doctored image, to the Met being involved and the contact to a national newspaper.

:lolol: It is the most obvious doctored image ever. Everyone looking at that will have instantly thought 'obvious photoshop'. The idea that there is some serious scam going on based on this is laughable.

Meanwhile the idea that a newspaper would say that a story about a council issuing fake PCN's was 'too big to print' has me in stitches :)

Thats all :)

Last edited:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I'm curious, so is it OP or his son who was allegedly driving/owning the vehicle/receiving the FPN?

If you read the thread from the start there are clues.

Incidentally, since you are a scholar of this sort of stuff, I bought a book recently; do you think I should start it from the beginning, middle or end? I favour the middle, because it is even handed.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Has this thread brought down the Government yet?

At the very least, I expect it to be mentioned on Question Time tonight.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Has this thread brought down the Government yet?

At the very least, I expect it to be mentioned on Question Time tonight.

Maybe its just me but I'm quite surprised at the volume of mocking responses on this thread. Obviously the OP is upset and perhaps a bit giddy, but... FFS. If he has a track record of Hopkins-style agressive narcissim then I stand corrected. If not. :shrug:

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
I think it is because he/she made such a mind-numbingly stupid accusation. Council's do lots of things, but an attempt to defraud people with fake PCNs is not one of them.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I think it is because he/she made such a mind-numbingly stupid accusation. Council's do lots of things, but an attempt to defraud people with fake PCNs is not one of them.

I give you Tom Denning:

In 1980, during an appeal by the Birmingham Six (who were later acquitted), Denning judged that the men should be stopped from challenging legal decisions. He listed several reasons for not allowing their appeal:

"Just consider the course of events if their action were to proceed to trial ... If the six men failed it would mean that much time and money and worry would have been expended by many people to no good purpose. If they won, it would mean that the police were guilty of perjury; that they were guilty of violence and threats; that the confessions were involuntary and improperly admitted in evidence; and that the convictions were erroneous. ... That was such an appalling vista that every sensible person would say, "It cannot be right that these actions should go any further."

Who knows, eh? :shrug:

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Fascinating stuff, perspective is clearly wrong unless you have your number plate at a 45 degree angle tilting upwards. Would like to see what photo’s other people receive.

Even switching the colour one to black and white it doesn't match the pure white, and the shadows show the cars are facing the same direction to the sun and shouldn't make the white look darker.

AReg.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here