Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] The Scotch

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
What’s all the hype, you scraped a result vs Tunisia at the end, Queen of the South would have given Panama a run for money, lost to Belgium reserve team, scaraped through on penalties against Colombia missing their best player - law of averages said you had to win a penalty shoot out it some time. And if VAR existed you wouldn’t have won 1966 either ( ball didn’t cross line, game should have been stopped as people on pitch =2-2 draw Germany would have won on pens).

And before someone sticks their oar in - I know we’re crap, I don’t care we still live in eternal hope that at some point the next dalglish, law, Baxter, Johnstone, bremner and Mcstay arrive at the same time; even when it does we’ll still end up with an Alan Rough in goal!

Hold on, I thought you WON the World Cup in 1978.

I was too young to stay up for most of the matches but that was the impression I was given.

Maybe you just need another Alistair MacLeod.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
What’s all the hype, you scraped a result vs Tunisia at the end, Queen of the South would have given Panama a run for money, lost to Belgium reserve team, scaraped through on penalties against Colombia missing their best player - law of averages said you had to win a penalty shoot out it some time. And if VAR existed you wouldn’t have won 1966 either ( ball didn’t cross line, game should have been stopped as people on pitch =2-2 draw Germany would have won on pens).

If VAR had existed in 1977, Ally's Tartan Army might not have even qualified for the World Cup you were going to win so easily (just ask Wales): what's your point?

And before someone sticks their oar in - I know we’re crap, I don’t care we still live in eternal hope that at some point the next dalglish, law, Baxter, Johnstone, bremner and Mcstay arrive at the same time; even when it does we’ll still end up with an Alan Rough in goal!

Fuming.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
scotland3.jpg

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
What’s all the hype, you scraped a result vs Tunisia at the end, Queen of the South would have given Panama a run for money, lost to Belgium reserve team, scaraped through on penalties against Colombia missing their best player - law of averages said you had to win a penalty shoot out it some time.

Bravo sir or madam! You are what is known in the trade as an Expert Summariser :lolol:

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
l!

image.jpeg

This is quite funny if you pretend McAdder is reading this out. :)

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
if VAR existed you wouldn’t have won 1966 either ( ball didn’t cross line, game should have been stopped as people on pitch =2-2 draw Germany would have won on pens).
Penalties weren't used to decide matches back in '66.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
I thought most of them voted to stay in the Union recently. They should be proud that one of this family of nations is having a good World Cup, as we are all apparently British.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Brighton may have won the 1983 FA Cup if penalties were used then.

100% correct.

But you're opening old wounds here. Steady (etc)

:rolleyes::lolol:

Incidentally, if my dad had been my uncle I'd be my own cousin. Spooky.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Penalties weren't used to decide matches back in '66.
Plus it wouldn't have been VAR but goal line tech that would have decided if the ball had crossed the line.

Whoever it was who mentioned that the Scottish are obsessed with '66 was right though.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Plus it wouldn't have been VAR but goal line tech that would have decided if the ball had crossed the line.

Whoever it was who mentioned that the Scottish are obsessed with '66 was right though.
The Russian linesman with memories of Barbarossa 1941-1945 probably influenced his decision to give that a goal. I think I've seen that video numerous times, and it never goes over the line how many times I look at it :)

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I thought most of them voted to stay in the Union recently. They should be proud that one of this family of nations is having a good World Cup, as we are all apparently British.

It's called 'The Auld Alliance' - some of them still think they're going to link up with the French to defeat the English!

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
The Russian linesman with memories of Barbarossa 1941-1945 probably influenced his decision to give that a goal. I think I've seen that video numerous times, and it never goes over the line how many times I look at it :)

Strange. Whenever I watch it, it crosses the line so conclusively that Hunt doesn't see the need to follow it up (which he could easily have done). He saw it from two or three yards away - how far away were you?
The 'Some people are on the pitch' bit might have raised a few questions these days though...................

So what a great day that was - we won the cup by beating the Germans 3-2!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here