Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] Gary Lineker - prick

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
You cockwomble!

Thanks for telling me that we reached the World Cup to be in the draw in the first place.

I'm still watching the qualifying game away to Malta. :tantrum:

I think Allardyce is a fantastic appointment. Just what we need, a real England man! I can't wait to see Rooney, Terry, Barry, Walcott, Wilshere and Joe Hart lead us to glory in Russia with our pragmatic brand of direct play. Make England great again!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Grown men who use words like wankpuffin ? Have a word with yourself ffs.....

Who gobbed in your Cheerios then headmaster ? I've seen it used plenty of times on here. Get over yerself ffs...

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Who gobbed in your Cheerios then headmaster ? I've seen it used plenty of times on here. Get over yerself ffs...

Ive seen it used plenty of times as well, ive also thought "bellend" every time ive seen it used ......buddy

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Begins the MOTD England highlights show tonight with "I'm going to say it...England win on penalties". Grinning.

What a complete and utter wankpuffin. I managed to watch it live, but have a mate who had to work, he forbid me from texting, and did his damndest to avoid the result so he could race home for the highlights not knowing the result. Then you get that.

There are certain unwritten rules amongst football fans. You don't bullshit fake goals, and you don't dob a score in. Lineker proved himself to be a prize prick tonight, that was piss poor from him. I'm sure there are plenty of others who watched the highlights thoroughly macked off at finding out at the top of the programme like that. Can't trust the jug-eared DILBERT can we ? If the BBC don't have live coverage of the semi (should we get there), I'm bollocksed if I'd be tuning in to that mug first knockings were I not able to see it live. I'd give it 5 minutes at least.

What an absolute spanner.

Your mate clearly didn't care enough.

Record the WHOLE game and watch that.

You need to go through the full 2 hours of misery to truly appreciate the game. Not a highlights package.

He got what he deserved.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Your mate clearly didn't care enough.

Record the WHOLE game and watch that.

You need to go through the full 2 hours of misery to truly appreciate the game. Not a highlights package.

He got what he deserved.

Its a fair point. He managed to watch it in the serene knowledge that England eventually made it, completely avoiding the trauma and suffering we all had to go through. He hasn't really earned that QF. I shall bring this to his attention when it all starts going pear-shaped again on Saturday (which it will. Oh yes, it will).

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Anyway, your mate is the wankpuffin here. Surely if you're going to want to avoid the result, you just record the whole game and not the highlights. What a thicko!
Indeed.
Luckily I have blocked everyone on this thread and have no idea what the scores are of any game. I am avoiding all scores until after the World Cup and then buying a box set of the whole thing, to watch at my leisure.
Which will no doubt be called 'How xxxxxx won the World Cup'.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Your mate tried to avoid the result by watching a football show :shrug:

The presenter giving away the result of the match right at the start of the show was a trifle unexpected though, wasn't it ? I've not seen that happen before.

Anyway, I appreciate I was being annoyed on someone elses behalf, as Linekers antics didn't affect me one iota. It was an emotional evening. I'll try harder in future.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
That’s just how I feel when BHA win a game, can’t wait to watch MOD, when they lose, I don’t watch.
When we're at home and on live, I go to the match and record it, and if the result isn't favourable I immediately delete it when I get home. I watch us lose on MOTD, but don't sit down to enjoy the whole thing, it's just not the same.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
The presenter giving away the result of the match right at the start of the show was a trifle unexpected though, wasn't it ? I've not seen that happen before.
I agree with you. It is an odd thing to do, and not something I remember seeing before. But then I can understand it from Lineker's point of view - if he was half as excited as Wrighty, he couldn't have kept it in if he'd tried - I guess they could have pre-recorded the intro to the show.

So yes, I agree, but it's a first world problem, and he should have been watching ITV and suffered for 2 hours like we did. I didn't enjoy the game at all (nothing to do with the way they played, I just get too nervous).

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
There are certain unwritten rules amongst football fans. You don't bullshit fake goals, and you don't dob a score in.

Is that changing a bit now though? To try and avoid a score of a big game is all pretty rare now. Once upon a time, it was access to a radio, or a tv or nothing. But now, so many people can watch a game on their phone, a tablet, on their computer at work, ... and that's just to watch it. Social media will give it away if you go anywhere near it. That's not just you, that's everyone you sit next to or walk past on your way home. The number of people out there trying to "avoid a result" now has to be pretty low.

I don't especially look out for it, but I bet highlight shows in general are far less careful about it these days. Maybe not as blatant as how Gary appears to have done it (I didn't watch MOTD, I was too exhausted) but there are tell-tale signs, even just from the running order of MOTD. If Man Utd away to Stoke is up first, with Tottenham vs Arsenal up later, then Man Utd are getting turned over. Etc.

Do the news even tell you to "look away now" anymore?

Btw, who was it? Pegleg?

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Begins the MOTD England highlights show tonight with "I'm going to say it...England win on penalties". Grinning.

What a complete and utter wankpuffin. I managed to watch it live, but have a mate who had to work, he forbid me from texting, and did his damndest to avoid the result so he could race home for the highlights not knowing the result. Then you get that.

There are certain unwritten rules amongst football fans. You don't bullshit fake goals, and you don't dob a score in. Lineker proved himself to be a prize prick tonight, that was piss poor from him. I'm sure there are plenty of others who watched the highlights thoroughly macked off at finding out at the top of the programme like that. Can't trust the jug-eared DILBERT can we ? If the BBC don't have live coverage of the semi (should we get there), I'm bollocksed if I'd be tuning in to that mug first knockings were I not able to see it live. I'd give it 5 minutes at least.

What an absolute spanner.

You are Piers Morgan and I claim my £5

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
baddiel&skinner.jpg

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Is that changing a bit now though? To try and avoid a score of a big game is all pretty rare now. Once upon a time, it was access to a radio, or a tv or nothing. But now, so many people can watch a game on their phone, a tablet, on their computer at work, ... and that's just to watch it. Social media will give it away if you go anywhere near it. That's not just you, that's everyone you sit next to or walk past on your way home. The number of people out there trying to "avoid a result" now has to be pretty low.

I don't especially look out for it, but I bet highlight shows in general are far less careful about it these days. Maybe not as blatant as how Gary appears to have done it (I didn't watch MOTD, I was too exhausted) but there are tell-tale signs, even just from the running order of MOTD. If Man Utd away to Stoke is up first, with Tottenham vs Arsenal up later, then Man Utd are getting turned over. Etc.

Do the news even tell you to "look away now" anymore?

Btw, who was it? Pegleg?

Its certainly harder to avoid a result these days, but still possible if you're "isolated", and determined enough.

No it wasn't Pegleg (he's in New Zealand atm). This was just one of the regulars down my local who does shift work. Maybe he could've watched it on his phone at work, I dunno. But he texted me to say "no scores ta", as he just fancied dashing back and catching the highlights, without knowing the result. Its not lifechanging I suppose. Just potentially rather irritating when you settle down to watch it, and some gimp gives it away right at the start.

I actually managed to avoid an Albion score once, when I was with the missus up in London seeing a show in the West End. We were away at Bournemouth (pre Premier League) and I'd set the Channel 5 highlights to record as I think we were the featured game or something. Got home and watched it without having a CLUE what the score was, and I tell you, its terrifying. With it only being 5 or 6 minutes worth of highlights, every time they showed a Muff attack, you knew it was either going to result in a goal, or bloody close to being one. Every time we were on the attack and failed to score, it was gutting. We lost 2 or 3 nil I think. Wish I hadn't bothered.

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
If you're unfortunate enough to have to watch the game on an iphone, make sure you're not within hearing distance of neighbours that shout when a goal goes in. If it's like my phone, there seems to be a 30 second delay compared to the TV! (I resort to the phone when I'm cooking)

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here