Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] Gary Lineker - prick

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Scrapping the barrell in a unsuccessful attempt to write a paragraph in English. Do better next time.

Scraping or scrapping ? Barrell or Barrel ?when making an observation on spelling and grammar its often helpful to make sure there are no mistakes in your own post , happy to help.:thumbsup:

Last edited:

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
scraping tbe barrel in an unsuccessful attempt at undermning my point ffs is an abbteviation of an old and well used phrase , for **** sake , your examples are relatively new ones brought about by the mobile phone generation , now run along and try.to do better next time .

You were using 'FFS' in everyday life before the 'mobile phone generation'?

"Good morning George. I'll have my usual copy of the Mail and a pint of milk please"
"Sorry Alf, we are only have the Guardian"
"FFS George"

Righto

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
You were using 'FFS' in everyday life before the 'mobile phone generation'?

"Good morning George. I'll have my usual copy of the Mail and a pint of milk please"
"Sorry Alf, we are only have the Guardian"
"FFS George"

Righto

You are obviously as DAF,or have never served.SNAFU,FUBAR probably ring no bells in that vacant area either.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
"Bravo [MENTION=14959]gary[/MENTION]Lineker and #MOTD for breaking tradition and going gung-ho, result revealed, into the action.
That's the spirit! The coy alternative doesn't bear thinking about."
- Danny Baker

:whistle:

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Wait, people actually find the phrase ‘wankpuffin’ funny?

Really?

It’s up there with ‘turboc*nt’ and ‘cockwomble’ as the sort of shit I’d expect a group of 13 year olds to find mildly amusing. Obviously I forgot the rules to being funny on NSC are 1) use stupid phrases you’d never actually use in real life & B) put random words in block capitals. Comedic genius.

Never forget the rules.

By the way, what do you think of 'cluster****'?

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
The presenter giving away the result of the match right at the start of the show was a trifle unexpected though, wasn't it ? I've not seen that happen before.

Anyway, I appreciate I was being annoyed on someone elses behalf, as Linekers antics didn't affect me one iota. It was an emotional evening. I'll try harder in future.

I've always thought the way they read the headlines at the start of the news a bit annoying.

Why don't they let a natural disaster pan out and let us make our OWN minds up.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Wait, people actually find the phrase ‘wankpuffin’ funny?

Really?

It’s up there with ‘turboc*nt’ and ‘cockwomble’ as the sort of shit I’d expect a group of 13 year olds to find mildly amusing. Obviously I forgot the rules to being funny on NSC are 1) use stupid phrases you’d never actually use in real life & B) put random words in block capitals. Comedic genius.
Go **** YOURSELF you MASSIVE bellpenguin.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
So you're looking to avoid an ENGLAND RESULT in the World Cup tonight - and you sign in to the busiest FOOTBALL messageboard on the net.

Up your arse, both of you. If you don't even have the basic intelligence NOT to go online to a football messageboard when you're looking to avoid seeing a result, then quite frankly, I'd be surprised if you have the ability to get dressed in the morning without a carer.

Whatever Happened to the Likely Lads ?

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Quite an amusing thread. I would have been peed off if I didn't know the result, but it's hard to understand how anyone could have avoided it unless they were living on Mars or something. In any case, if he'd been that keen on watching it without knowing the score surely he'd have watched the full match on catch up or recorded it?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Quite an amusing thread. I would have been peed off if I didn't know the result, but it's hard to understand how anyone could have avoided it unless they were living on Mars or something. In any case, if he'd been that keen on watching it surely he'd have watched the full match on catch up or recorded it?

Haven't spoken to him since, but being as he won't have got in till gone 10.30pm and has to be up early, I guess he preferred the option of 45 minutes highlights, rather than ploughing through what turned out to be 2 and a half hours of trauma.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Haven't spoken to him since, but being as he won't have got in till gone 10.30pm and has to be up early, I guess he preferred the option of 45 minutes highlights, rather than ploughing through what turned out to be 2 and a half hours of trauma.

15 mins of highlights, not 45!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here