Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] WC: Sweden v Switzerland

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
If we progress past Colombia, It'll be hard to play against a flat back 10. Not impossible mind, but it's easier to attack a team that attacks you. However, the counter attack play when played right will make three centre halves look like tailors dummies

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
If we progress past Colombia, It'll be hard to play against a flat back 10. Not impossible mind, but it's easier to attack a team that attacks you. However, the counter attack play when played right will make three centre halves look like tailors dummies

Sweden v Russia would be some match.

10 giants defending at one end of the pitch, with 10 at the other.

Leaving a floater each with vast prairies to play on.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Tighter than I thought.

P24 W8 D9 L7

Soccerbase

We've had some dreadful performances against Sweden over the years. They're usually really dull games too (but then I guess most of Sweden's games are unless Zlatan was in the mood). Fortunately I'm sure we'll avoid any need to get anxious about the Swedes by biffing it against Colombia tonight.

FIFA must be praying for a Russia v Brazil final right now to boost their coffers (probably down to their last £15 billion by now): imagine the revenue hit if it ends up as Uruguay v Sweden.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
We've had some dreadful performances against Sweden over the years. They're usually really dull games too (but then I guess most of Sweden's games are unless Zlatan was in the mood). Fortunately I'm sure we'll avoid any need to get anxious about the Swedes by biffing it against Colombia tonight.

FIFA must be praying for a Russia v Brazil final right now to boost their coffers (probably down to their last £15 billion by now): imagine the revenue hit if it ends up as Uruguay v Sweden.

I have been thinking the same.
Uruguay v Sweden would epitomise this World Cup so far.
It would be different and extremely unusual, and maybe totally boring but FIFA and the Russia would hate it and must be sweating.
FIFA, it seems to me, always want at least Brazil to be in the final.
Not sure why, for a number of years I have grown to dislike Brazil.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
If there are two duller international teams than these two then I'd be quite surprised.

That match was enough to put anyone off of football for life.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Hmmmm, as others have already said, should we get through against Colombia I'm not entirely happy that we will have Sweden next instead of Switzerland, we never have a comfortable match against them (not, at least, that I can remember).

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Hmmmm, as others have already said, should we get through against Colombia I'm not entirely happy that we will have Sweden next instead of Switzerland, we never have a comfortable match against them (not, at least, that I can remember).

No one has a comfortable game against non-football Sweden.

The sort of team where a 2-0 lead would be amazing, to draw out the 9 defenders.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Hopefully not yet another "Turnips v Swedes" debacle on Saturday.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here