Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] The Official Match Thread: England v Colombia

atfc village

Mar 28, 2013
Lower Bourne .Farnham
We scored two against Panama - Lingard and Kane's third. Kane is also fouled so much we keep getting free-kicks in dangerous positions, so of course we're not scoring as many in open play

Forgot the Kane one hungover and at a Funeral today . Despite the good stuff we're playing it's still worrying.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
**** me there are some dullards about.

Kane's game is so much more than goals, you could play him in CM and he would still be our best player.

He was fouled for two of the pens, some he won them as well.

Why do we rubbish our world class players, why can't people enjoy them?

Has always been the way, very British. Has applied to many sports persons - Kane, Gazza, Hamilton, Botham, Froome, Joshua, Hamed, Radcliffe, Andy Murray. A very noisy and spiteful minority who want these sporting/personal world's to collapse.

In countries such as Sweden, every successful sports person on the global stage, is idolised across the nation.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
It's good to see that Maradona and Radamel Falcao have taken England's win so well.

Maradona

"I saw a monumental theft. I apologise to all the Colombian people, but they must know the players are not to blame.

It is the man who decides who the referee is who is to blame. A man like that (Geiger) should not be put in charge of a game of that magnitude.

With all due respect, Pierluigi Collina, as the man who designates the referees, he is very bad. He must apologise to the Colombian people.

I told (FIFA president) Gianni Infantino that if I worked for FIFA I would change everything. It has to be transparent. That's why I didn't go there.

The referee will know a lot about baseball, but he has no idea about football. The Colombian players asked for VAR and he did not give it to them."

Falcao

"To tell you the truth, the process leaves a lot of doubts. He only spoke English, some bias was certain. Through small calls he was pushing us [toward] our goal, that was clear for me.

The referee disturbed us a lot, in the 50-50 plays, he always made the calls in favour of England.

This situation was undermining us. He didn't act with the same criteria for both teams.

When in doubt he always went to the England side. It's shameful that this happens in the round of 16 of a World Cup."

View attachment 98326

Well 'the hand of god' will know a lot about theft and stealing a game by cheating as regards Falcao , what's to be said well he couldn't make it in the PL as he was not good enough.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
We scored two against Panama - Lingard and Kane's third. Kane is also fouled so much we keep getting free-kicks in dangerous positions, so of course we're not scoring as many in open play

Lingard's goal should be a contender for goal of the tournament.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Lingard's goal should be a contender for goal of the tournament.

The Goal of the Tournament showreel for this year's WC will be stunning. So many bangers. Nacho, Quaresma and Pavard were the most satisfying for me, But Lingard's was joyous, as was Stones' 2nd v Panama.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
The Goal of the Tournament showreel for this year's WC will be stunning. So many bangers. Nacho, Quaresma and Pavard were the most satisfying for me, But Lingard's was joyous, as was Stones' 2nd v Panama.

Musa’s against, I can’t remember, marvellous goal though.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

Nacho and Pavard, both brilliant (though in truth I'm not convinced Pavard REALLY meant to cut it that much!)
Quaresma I'm ruling out, as he only did it because he has LITERALLY ( (c) J.Redknapp) no left foot.
Lingard's was as great as it was unexpected.

I'd add:
Messi - the first two touches were absolutely incredible. Nobody else could have scored that.
Ronaldo - insanely good free kick, without even factoring in the match situation.
Son's tap in, when Neuer was 30 yards from the OTHER goal. Brilliant.
Toivanen v Germany - the technique to dink the keeper at the pace he was moving, was absolute class.
Mbappe v Argentina (his second) - again the quality of the finish, given the pace he was running = world class.

Di Maria's belter v France, Mertens' dipping volley v Panama, Coutinho's curler v Switzerland all quality strikes too.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Musa’s against, I can’t remember, marvellous goal though.

Both of Musa's goals against Iceland were quality. The first, he controlled it in his stride and BELTED it in. The second, sat the keeper on his arse, cut inside, took a breath to compose himself, then knocked it past the defender on the line. Both great.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Nacho and Pavard, both brilliant (though in truth I'm not convinced Pavard REALLY meant to cut it that much!)
Quaresma I'm ruling out, as he only did it because he has LITERALLY ( (c) J.Redknapp) no left foot.
Lingard's was as great as it was unexpected.

I'd add:
Messi - the first two touches were absolutely incredible. Nobody else could have scored that.
Ronaldo - insanely good free kick, without even factoring in the match situation.
Son's tap in, when Neuer was 30 yards from the OTHER goal. Brilliant.
Toivanen v Germany - the technique to dink the keeper at the pace he was moving, was absolute class.
Mbappe v Argentina (his second) - again the quality of the finish, given the pace he was running = world class.

Di Maria's belter v France, Mertens' dipping volley v Panama, Coutinho's curler v Switzerland all quality strikes too.
And this one. THRIKER! Great layoff too....

https://youtu.be/0Hmb8U8px58

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here