Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] The Official Match Thread: England v Colombia

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Brilliant night. Just got home. You'd need a heart of stone to have not enjoyed that. Looking forward to ignoring my jock work mates tomorrow. I won't so much as raise an eyebrow ???:whistle::wink::lolol::smokin:

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Fair point.

You would have been astonished by the 5live phone in the last hour. Call after call from Englishmen (definitely not Scots!) slagging off Kane (no pace, lack of non-pen goals, etc) and England's WC showing in general.

Bunch of saddos....or Arsenal supporters..they qualify for both

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Sorry if asked already, does Kane's penalty count towards the golden boot?

Er, yes. And the two he'll score against the rutabaga rutabaga.jpeg

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Football, amazing, isn’t it??

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Fair point.

You would have been astonished by the 5live phone in the last hour. Call after call from Englishmen (definitely not Scots!) slagging off Kane (no pace, lack of non-pen goals, etc) and England's WC showing in general.

I know, see my post above. We won ugly tonight with a very immature team against a disgraceful opposition. I’m pleased 3 fold: for Southgates exorcism; because we beat a cheating dirty side who were nothing short of a disgrace; and because a young side of lads have done us proud under enormous pressure.

Bring on the Parsnips!

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Such mental fortitude there. To pick ourselves up after a couple of real sickeners (last min goal, missing a pen first) shows SUCH a strength.

First time in YEARS I can say I’m genuinely proud of this England team.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Well I've just about recovered.

I couldn't even celebrate when we won, my nerves were shot to pieces.

It's club before country for me, but these massive waits between having a chance in the WC really do make the pressure mount.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Fair point.

If you're the sort of **** that phones in to any radio station with your opinion, you are probably an idiot. Any right minded individual would be having a beer in celebration.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Such mental fortitude there. To pick ourselves up after a couple of real sickeners (last min goal, missing a pen first) shows SUCH a strength.

First time in YEARS I can say I’m genuinely proud of this England team.

So much this.

Can you imagine Woy’s “inspirational” team talk in the same situation?

Southgate’s only error in the whole tournament has been bringing on Dier and yet he still just about scored the winner

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
Fair point.

You must be f joking.

He was immense. Just ahead of Henderson who has shot up in my respect.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Sweden are Sweden. nothing much different to previous years. Its a great opportunity. I even follow Celtic as a 2nd team and Lustig who is getting old is banned for this game anyway. Basically i'm saying we should make the semi final at least.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Well I've just about recovered.

I couldn't even celebrate when we won, my nerves were shot to pieces.

It's club before country for me, but these massive waits between having a chance in the WC really do make the pressure mount.

That was entertainment in a roller-coaster sort of way.

Still don't think we will win the competition because three at the back is a liability against any team above Championship standard. Walker made his inevitable mistake. Despite that I think he was a success as a central defender rather than right back, where he would have made a mistake as well.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Huge leap forward psychologically for the England team. Quite obvious the manager has nailed that completely.

The amateur pundits on here can talk all they like about substitutions and individual performances from their arm chairs, but the reality is that irrespective of what happens in the next game Southgate has burst that balloon.

Winning that shoot is the biggest leap forward for the England team in decades.

"You write your own stories"

.. not the press.

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
Huge leap forward psychologically for the England team. Quite obvious the manager has nailed that completely.

The amateur pundits on here can talk all they like about substitutions and individual performances from their arm chairs, but the reality is that irrespective of what happens in the next game Southgate has burst that balloon.

Winning that shoot is the biggest leap forward for the England team in decades.

"You write your own stories"

.. not the press.

Agreed

And also he's got away with a huge tactical error he can learn from.

Huge step forward

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here