You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
So, what's it to be
"We've won on merit and deserved it"
Or
"You can only paper over a certain amount of cracks"
Personally, I thought we were gash after we scored. Sitting back is never a good idea

The former.

Colombia dragged us down to their level with their despicable tactics.

Sweden will be a different proposition, and will not go down that same horrible route. That's not to say we'll beat them, although we'll clearly be betting favourites, but it will be more of a footballing challenge than whatever the **** that was tonight.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
So, what's it to be
"We've won on merit and deserved it"
Or
"You can only paper over a certain amount of cracks"
Personally, I thought we were gash after we scored. Sitting back is never a good idea

I thought we still played well until ten minutes to go. After our goal, they lost their heads for 20 odd minutes.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
And relax!

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Stat Towers right now:-

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Massive test of character that after conceding so late and having an awful first half of ET and with our penalty record. Bloody well done lads and especially Southgate.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
So many possitives from that, first half of extra time we were crap we recovered for the second. Nobody lost it and got sent off, they will be challenged like that again. We won on pens last time that happened only the Germans could stop us.

Agreed. Thought we were really good up until Alli went off. The second half of extra time revival was very good too. Splendid.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Southgate must analyse and act. Sterling's having a stinker. His time will come.

dont think we've seen anything much from Sterling or Vardy. the former is busy the later doesnt really even offer that. Rashford alongside Kane next. Sterling might offer more off the bench with something to prove, because he has been good for Man City this year.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
I'm ecstatic. But if you look at game, we won a penalty, conceded a late equaliser against an ordinary side and finally won a penalty shoot out.

**** it we will probably win the thing now:)

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012

Dier being interviewed just now.
Doesn't look like all his dogs are barking.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I'm ecstatic. But if you look at game, we won a penalty, conceded a late equaliser against an ordinary side and finally won a penalty shoot out.

**** it we will probably win the thing now:)

Sweden and Russia did far less than us, barely playing attacking football.

We deserve our place, against a set of snides.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here