Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 91617181920 LastLast

1 Not allowed!
    It was ok earlier, more or less on time into London Bridge this morning.

Last week 5/6 journeys I made were ****ed up, so not expecting an easy trip home tonight.
    "Prejudice is a great time saver. You can form opinions without having to get the facts"

• North Stand Chat

advertising

Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by WATFORD zero View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Easy @Beach Hut, he's not worth it
      Have you met some of my jumped-up 'managers'?
      Lording it in WSL

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by WATFORD zero View Post
      Easy @Beach Hut, he's not worth it
      Easy with what ?

I do not work for a TOC
      I surrender all control
      To the desire that consumes me whole
      Leads me by the hand to infinity
      Lies in wait at the heart of me - the Albion of course !
      A different kind of pasty pasty's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      I reckon Southern must employing saboteurs to noble the signals so they can continue to provide a shit service but not take any blame.
      Be dangerous. It's careful out there

0 Not allowed!
      In all seriousness does anyone know why the signals are continually failing? Is it that this is unavoidable wear and tear, poor quality parts, lack of resources to maintain them to a higher standard. We are constantly subject to disruptive engineering works which curtail weekend and late night travel in the name of of signal and points repair/replacement and yet the regularity with which they fail seems to be on the increase.

The Redhill/Gatwick/Haywards Heath area seems particularly badly affected and these are the area which have had the major line closures of late.
      Members

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Hotchilidog View Post
      In all seriousness does anyone know why the signals are continually failing? Is it that this is unavoidable wear and tear, poor quality parts, lack of resources to maintain them to a higher standard. We are constantly subject to disruptive engineering works which curtail weekend and late night travel in the name of of signal and points repair/replacement and yet the regularity with which they fail seems to be on the increase.

The Redhill/Gatwick/Haywards Heath area seems particularly badly affected and these are the area which have had the major line closures of late.
      I travel to Reigate daily on the trains, It is utterly horrendous, getting to and from work, I cannot remember the last time trains ran on time or I didnt have a problem.

I have no idea about the problem with the signals, but for me its got to be shit quality equipment.
      Members

1 Not allowed!

Signals and points have always been failing. Only difference is it used to take a few hours to kind of get it running back to normal. Now they just use it as an excuse to run a shit service all day.
      A. Virgo, Football Genius

1 Not allowed!
      In all seriousness does anyone know why the signals are continually failing?
      my understanding from rail forum and a man in the trade is patches upon patches going back decades. systems are upgraded piecemeal and spliced together, then years later a new system replaces a different part and so on. in some cases just poor maintenance, and apparently wildlife.
      Daily Mail readers are living in a perpetual hell, expecting their homes to be overrun at any minute by hoodie wearing, skunk smoking, muslim, transgender, asylum seekers.
      Chrissy Hughton Fanboy Guinness Boy's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Munkfish View Post
      I travel to Reigate daily on the trains, It is utterly horrendous, getting to and from work, I cannot remember the last time trains ran on time or I didnt have a problem.

I have no idea about the problem with the signals, but for me its got to be shit quality equipment.
      I did that for a short while and actually binned it off for a London Terminals commute. It was unbearable, literally the worst commute I have ever done. The number of times I found myself freezing my nads off at either Gatwick or Redhill couldn't be accurately counted. The little 2 car efforts they put on from Gatwick were hot in summer, cold in winter and full of annoying 6th formers. Reigate ALWAYS seemed to be the station Southern abandoned if things had gone tits up, presumably because FGW also served it with their shitty sub-buses. You were reliant on points that never worked, signals that always failed and, on the Redhill - Reading line, cables that were always being thieved by pikeys. If I needed to get in early I had to get that Gatwick Express train that was the most late in the country at a time when the doors on the rolling stock used to fail on about one in three trips. Towards the end I saw someone throw themselves under a train at Gatwick while changing to go home and that did it for me. Just thinking about it makes me come out in hives. Portslade to Victoria is actually MUCH better. There, I said it
      Brighton But Only At Home

It's a blog. About home games. And some other stuff.
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Guinness Boy View Post
      I did that for a short while and actually binned it off for a London Terminals commute. It was unbearable, literally the worst commute I have ever done. The number of times I found myself freezing my nads off at either Gatwick or Redhill couldn't be accurately counted. The little 2 car efforts they put on from Gatwick were hot in summer, cold in winter and full of annoying 6th formers. Reigate ALWAYS seemed to be the station Southern abandoned if things had gone tits up, presumably because FGW also served it with their shitty sub-buses. You were reliant on points that never worked, signals that always failed and, on the Redhill - Reading line, cables that were always being thieved by pikeys. If I needed to get in early I had to get that Gatwick Express train that was the most late in the country at a time when the doors on the rolling stock used to fail on about one in three trips. Towards the end I saw someone throw themselves under a train at Gatwick while changing to go home and that did it for me. Just thinking about it makes me come out in hives. Portslade to Victoria is actually MUCH better. There, I said it
      I do Portslade to Reigate, its absolutely awful. Going to look to Drive, however thats probably got a whole world of problems of its own. Liverpool to Victoria is at least one train, Id kill for that right now.