Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 714151617181920 LastLast

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Not Andy Naylor View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    But where are we going to find someone to give the people hope?
    We just need to find the sniper who keeps firing at Neymar
    "Never miss a good chance to shut up"

• North Stand Chat

advertising

A different kind of pasty pasty's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Bugger. Looks ok this morning, Was hoping for an extra wfh today
      And coming on for Manchester United, Zlatan Ibrahimović
      WHO?

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Garry Nelson's teacher View Post
      I did the West Worthing to London Bridge daily commute about 10 years ago. I lasted a year and looking back there were hardly any delays but I'd still had enough of it. So how you poor buggers manage it in these circumstances simply amazes me. Respect!
      I did the West worthing one as well
      For a couple of years and decided enough is enough when they announced one morning ‘the 06:50
      From Littlehampton to London Bridge has been cancelled as the driver has had a row with his wife’ sort of love the honesty of it, but the commuters did not see the funny side of it. I am
      Now an occasional user of Southernrail and can say that at least 75% of the time they are late, cancelled or some other issue. Is there a worse company in the Uk for service ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Chrissy Hughton Fanboy Guinness Boy's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by beorhthelm View Post
      see your Apple iPhone? very well constructed and made in China. along with an awful lot of good quality kit. they make tat too of course, but then so do the UK, European, US factories. the difference is in QA process applied and thats down to the company selling a product, not where it comes from. a blanket "chinese stuff is cheap rubbish" is prejudiced nonsense.

i dont rule out the parts, but there's the installation and maintenance to consider. or something of the wrong specification. or that it just broke and there's no one to blame but entropy.
      It's going a bit off topic but iPhones made under contract to Apple and sheet metal supplied at a cheap price are two very different things. Thanks for your patronising tone but I lived in Taiwan for three years and visitied Hong Kong and the mainland numerous times. Taiwan now produces very decent tech cheaply and there are several excellent science sites (one of them bizarely full of Irish who we used to play football against). That doesn't mean that it doesn't produce crap as well, nor that the local gangs and government control much of the less-than-kosher end of the supply. They do. I've seen it. Same goes for the mainland only times about four.

You know all those kids who learned Mandarin because it was the "language of the future"? Know why they're not millionairres? It's because it's notoriously difficult for a Westerner to control mainland businesses. The effort required needs a company of Apple's reputation and size. Not Chris Grayling and the procurement guys at NR ordering some parts. Like I say, unless you've personally inspected the sites you don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by spongy View Post
      From my own personal view then Chinese is sub standard.

I'm a sheet metal worker. My company lost a large contract to China. Nearly sent us under. 4 months later the clients gave it back to us. At an increased cost to what they were originally paying. China couldn't match the quality. Despite it being to "spec" it just wasn't.

I can also say the same about some sheet metal suppliers. It's cheaper granted. But it is crap for folding. They can't maintain a uniform thickness over a sheet yet alone a batch. And it makes my life bloody difficult. European sourced sheet steel is generally <10% under quoted. So we adjust our developments to suit. China can be anything up to 12% under.

That 2% makes a lot of difference when trying to maintain 0.1mm tolerance during folding.

In saying this there was a lot of kerfuffle when the steel plant shut down in Wales. Not strictly Chinese but Tata made crap sheet. That's why the place folded.
      Don't be silly. @beorhthelm knows best. He always does
      Brighton But Only At Home

It's a blog. About home games. And some other stuff.
      A. Virgo, Football Genius

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Guinness Boy View Post
      Thanks for your patronising tone...:
      didnt mean to be patronising, just attempting to dispell the apparent prejudice from the original posting. i dont know why factory inspections are needed to acknowledge quality of output, but there we are.
      Daily Mail readers are living in a perpetual hell, expecting their homes to be overrun at any minute by hoodie wearing, skunk smoking, muslim, transgender, asylum seekers.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by pasty View Post
      Bugger. Looks ok this morning, Was hoping for an extra wfh today
      That reminds me of kids (and their kind parents) hoping that school's closed for snow.
      Chrissy Hughton Fanboy Guinness Boy's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by beorhthelm View Post
      didnt mean to be patronising, just attempting to dispell the apparent prejudice from the original posting. i dont know why factory inspections are needed to acknowledge quality of output, but there we are.
      Come back to me on prejudice when you can order several beers, a decent meal and a taxi home in Mandarin,
      Brighton But Only At Home

It's a blog. About home games. And some other stuff.
      Fest avoider

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Guinness Boy View Post
      Come back to me on prejudice when you can order several beers, a decent meal and a taxi home in Mandarin,
      I did that last weekend. Got some strange looks from the landlord at the Crown, the waiter at the Raj Temple and last of all Ernie the cabbie!
      I do not have a professional working knowledge of cricket.
      Everything Must Change Beach Hut's Avatar

1 Not allowed!
      https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-44799659

The arrogance of a GTR Senior Manager defies belief
      I surrender all control
      To the desire that consumes me whole
      Leads me by the hand to infinity
      Lies in wait at the heart of me - the Albion of course !
      A. Virgo, Football Genius

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Beach Hut View Post
      https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-44799659

The arrogance of a GTR Senior Manager defies belief
      and salt in the wound is he wouldnt have paid for first class.
      Daily Mail readers are living in a perpetual hell, expecting their homes to be overrun at any minute by hoodie wearing, skunk smoking, muslim, transgender, asylum seekers.