Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 196
  1. #31
    Members dazzer6666's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Burgess Hill
    Posts
    21,152


    1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowfold Seagull View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well the trains themselves shouldn't be knackered, due to all the signalling problems and faults on the line, they don't get to go anywhere much, so should still be in nearly new condition!
    Most of the trains now are actually pretty new (and the TL trains are brand new)........problem is the crumbling, underinvested infrastructure and utterly useless management of the franchise.
    "Prejudice is a great time saver. You can form opinions without having to get the facts"

    • North Stand Chat

      advertising
      Join Date: Jul 2003
      Posts: Lots

        


    • #32

      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Rohan Ince's Python View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Always conveniently happens when the weather is nice, the workers go missing and they invent some sort of fault that takes 24 hours to fix. *****.

      Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
      Would love to see some evidence of this.
      NEW SCHTUMMCAST. MORE VIBES AVAILABLE HERE >>>>>> http://soundcloud.com/schtumm/schtum...0-neal-schtumm
    • #33
      Members Weststander's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2011
      Location
      Withdean area
      Posts
      17,646


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by dazzer6666 View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Most of the trains now are actually pretty new (and the TL trains are brand new)........problem is the crumbling, underinvested infrastructure and utterly useless management of the franchise.


      The infrastructure isn't fit for purpose.
    • #34
      Fan of the 17 bus Cowfold Seagull's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 2009
      Location
      Cowfold
      Posts
      9,586


      1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by dazzer6666 View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Most of the trains now are actually pretty new (and the TL trains are brand new)........problem is the crumbling, underinvested infrastructure and utterly useless management of the franchise.
      Indeed. I only made that remark tongue in cheek, as a poster said the 'trains' were knackered, rather than the company being at fault.
    • #35
      A different kind of pasty pasty's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2003
      Location
      Bakers Bottom
      Posts
      24,465


      0 Not allowed!
      Gave up when 17:42 Gatwick Express from Victoria was terminated at Haywards Heath. Bumped into a mate so we went and had a couple of pints in the Burrell. Went back to station about 8:30 and still bugger all going to Brighton. Ended up going to Lewes and getting train to Brighton from there. Got home about quarter past ten.

      Not risking missing the match today, WFH.
      And coming on for Manchester United, Zlatan Ibrahimović
      WHO?
    • #36
      The Disowned Masses
      Join Date
      Jul 2003
      Location
      Worthing
      Posts
      14,154


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Simgull View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Amazing moment of common sense from southern - they had a train waiting at Littlehampton and announced ‘we’ll leave as soon as everyone is on board’ - now on our way back to Hove.
      I was on that one... the odd thing was when the train was diverted we were told the train would arrive at LA at 7:57pm, which seemed a long journey, but it turned up 30 mins early AND they had held the delayed Victoria service and, as you say, they got us all on, and off we went. It meant I was only just over 30 mins late home. Extreme common sense alert.
      Follow @kmoorman1968 on Twitter
    • #37
      Members
      Join Date
      Jan 2013
      Location
      Hove
      Posts
      961


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Papa Lazarou View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      I was on that one... the odd thing was when the train was diverted we were told the train would arrive at LA at 7:57pm, which seemed a long journey, but it turned up 30 mins early AND they had held the delayed Victoria service and, as you say, they got us all on, and off we went. It meant I was only just over 30 mins late home. Extreme common sense alert.
      Assuming you got off at Worthing and so missed the ensuing will we/won’t we stop at Shoreham and Portslade debacle. In the end we did thankfully!
    • #38

      2 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by dazzer6666 View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Most of the trains now are actually pretty new (and the TL trains are brand new)........problem is the crumbling, underinvested infrastructure and utterly useless management of the franchise.
      Also appears to be a larger number of broken down trains too, not sure if these are the new or old ones.

      Every branch of the system is in inadequate. The ToCs are understaffed and cannot fulfilled their timetable to any reasonable level of punctuality, Network rail for whatever reason (lack of resources, incompetence) are maintaining reliable track, points and signals, and the DfT do not give a crap as long as they can give some workers a good kicking. The only thing that works well is the system of buck passing between all three elements.

      There is still no political will to resolve on this on the part of the government, and until there is we are stuck with this.
    • #39
      Members
      Join Date
      Nov 2013
      Posts
      268


      1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Papa Lazarou View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      I was on that one... the odd thing was when the train was diverted we were told the train would arrive at LA at 7:57pm, which seemed a long journey, but it turned up 30 mins early AND they had held the delayed Victoria service and, as you say, they got us all on, and off we went. It meant I was only just over 30 mins late home. Extreme common sense alert.
      Name:  gTmD4t3.gif
Views: 208
Size:  459.2 KB
    • #40
      The Disowned Masses
      Join Date
      Jul 2003
      Location
      Worthing
      Posts
      14,154


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Simgull View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Assuming you got off at Worthing and so missed the ensuing will we/won’t we stop at Shoreham and Portslade debacle. In the end we did thankfully!
      Got off at Durrington, so, yes.
      Follow @kmoorman1968 on Twitter

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •