Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456

0 Not allowed!
    I don't know anything about diving but from what I've read it would be an horrendous task for them to dive out. None of them can swim, zero visibility, strong currents, narrow passageways where divers had to remove equipment to get past. If any of them had an anxiety attack in those conditions it could be fatal for them, or their companions.

• North Stand Chat

advertising

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by I remember the good times View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      The film. First 30 minutes depicting the period up until their found, will be a black screen as they have not light.
      The rescuers. If anybody deserves a Knighthood, surely it's these guys.
      The rescue. If there's a god, he will ensure their safety. Stand by for an all nighter as they bring them out though.
      What i would add here is that the two UK divers who found them are just beyond belief and yes maybe other divers were willing to go there,but total respect to these two.

0 Not allowed!
      A former Thai navy diver has died while taking part in efforts to rescue 12 boys and their football coach trapped in a flooded cave in Thailand.

Petty Officer Saman Gunan lost consciousness on his way out of the Tham Luang cave complex, where he had been delivering air tanks.

"His job was to deliver oxygen. He did not have enough on his way back," the Chiang Rai deputy governor said.

PO Saman was brought out by his dive partner but could not be revived.
      Hope they leave the coach in there to rot
      Become a fan of Northstandchat Dogs Syndicate and follow @NSCGreyhounds on Twitter

0 Not allowed!
      I wouldn't have thought there is much swimming involved, crawling under water or being pulled on rope? Still unbelievably scary / dangerous.
      I haven't always followed the stripes. ||||
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      It scares me that if rain comes (and it is forecast) it could put the rescue back big time - I fear for those kids.
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by happypig View Post
      Finding them was the easy part compared to getting them out; even highly experienced cave divers come a cropper :
      https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-36097300
      After reading their story I ended up watching the film they made about it, "Diving Into The Unknown", it really is incredible what they did just a few weeks after losing 2 friends.

I also saw the news when I woke up about the Ex-navy diver who died on the supply run over night. This is far from over and I hope I am wrong but I don't see this being the only death during this.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Worried Man Blues View Post
      I wouldn't have thought there is much swimming involved, crawling under water or being pulled on rope? Still unbelievably scary / dangerous.
      Tragedy has already struck one of the volunteers.

A former Thai navy diver has died while taking part in efforts to rescue 12 boys and their football coach trapped in a flooded cave in Thailand.

Petty Officer Saman Gunan lost consciousness on his way out of the Tham Luang cave complex, where he had been delivering air tanks.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-44734385
      Quote Originally Posted by brighton bluenose View Post
      NSC at its very best ~ a post based on assumption on a matter the poster hasn't got a clue about!!
      When people are rude to you, they reveal who they are, not who you are.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Thunder Bolt View Post
      Tragedy has already struck one of the volunteers.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-44734385
      Sad news....if anyone was in any doubt about how dangerous it would be to get untrained kids through those tunnels........
      "Prejudice is a great time saver. You can form opinions without having to get the facts"
      Hotdogs, extra onions clippedgull's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      If you get out in time, you can come to the World Cup Final!

Proud Member Of Team BHAFC since 1974