Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Members
    Bitterne,Southampton. In the land of wrong stripes and boo-boys!

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tricky Dicky View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm not naturally pessimistic, but I couln't see any way they'd find these guys after this time. Good news story - I bet Trump tweets that it's either a hoax, or he'll take the credit.
    No - Trump will think they’re illegal immigrants trying to tunnel their way under the U.S. border. He will then boldly announce that these are “bad guys” and should be sent back home, and then come up with the usual crap of “Let’s keep America American, so we’re going to build a wall around these bad caves.”

• North Stand Chat

advertising

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch Westdene Seagull's Avatar

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Triggaaar View Post
      English. And not that unbelievable really, it's always us
      Don't tell HT - apparently we're shit at everything.
      The devil whispered in my ear : "You're not strong enough to withstand the storm."
      I whispered in the devils ear : " I am the storm."

0 Not allowed!
      Football coach takes young boys to the caves. Wouldn't happen in this country
      Uckfield Seagull I remember the good times's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      The film. First 30 minutes depicting the period up until their found, will be a black screen as they have not light.
      The rescuers. If anybody deserves a Knighthood, surely it's these guys.
      The rescue. If there's a god, he will ensure their safety. Stand by for an all nighter as they bring them out though.

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by I remember the good times View Post
      The film. First 30 minutes depicting the period up until their found, will be a black screen as they have not light.
      The first 30 mins will be getting to know these wonderful kids, as they go on an adventure. The black screen bit for the next hour is a bit of an issue. I don't know how long they kept their torches going, presumably a flick of light every now and then.

The rescue. If there's a god, he will ensure their safety. Stand by for an all nighter as they bring them out though.
      All-nighter? Might take a bit longer than that.
      Hold tight, my man
      He's got the frisbee

0 Not allowed!
      Detailed timeline of events for those interested: http://www.chiangmaicitylife.com/new...ped-thai-cave/

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Triggaaar View Post
      Holy shit!
      Yes there would be a BIG pile of that after 4 months.......and the smell..............
      I haven't always followed the stripes. ||||

0 Not allowed!
      The latest article about the situation, with diagrams of the difficulties. The Thai navy have sent doctors and nurses in to examine the boys. Two Navy doctors have volunteered to stay with the boys for as long as it takes.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-44692813
      Quote Originally Posted by brighton bluenose View Post
      NSC at its very best ~ a post based on assumption on a matter the poster hasn't got a clue about!!
      When people are rude to you, they reveal who they are, not who you are.

0 Not allowed!
      Was huge news when over there. Glad they've been found. 4 months stuck there will be more bearable with all the lights, food, company and mentally knowing they have been found than those first 10 days I'm sure!
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      This is one incredible effort. A 2k dive required this morning it is said or the alternative is try and find away to sit out the monsoons I guess. WTF. Anyone who has ever dived will know how ridiculously difficult a 2k dive would be, unbelievable and this isnt an open water on the Barrier Reef or Red Sea with some nice fish and coral to look at, its bloody cave diving in hopeless condiitons to untrained divers who wont have seen the light of day and will be mentally and physically ****ed. I am gripped by this, the task in hand now should not be under estimated. I dont know, but if there is anyway to ride it out till after the monsoons that must be the less risky option I would guess (though obviously the decision makers here will know a zillion times more than us.) When I first heard 4 months of food, I just thought wow, why. It must be torture down there, possibly 2 weeks is just the beginning. I did some caving once in Derbyshire where we had to turn our lights out and the darkness was undescribable. Blacker than black you could scrunch your eyes up and blink and it was no different if that makes sense