Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Potential tragedy into good news

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
I just hope that they're not told they may need to wait 4 months - that would kill the spirit of anyone. Really hope this ends happily for them all.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Well, duh, yes, because it's colder in the UK. That's a pretty pointless comment really. And conversely they probably would have been able to get out sooner if it was here, as while we might get a flash flood that floods a cave system for a brief period, we don't get a 4-month monsoon season that would keep it flooded for weeks on end, even with pumping. Comparisons don't really add any value here.

Maybe ring the BBC and tell them not to interview a caving expert in the future, as they make pointless comments.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
In the film the trapped will be played by young US actors. The finding divers will be US SEALS.

Apart from this, good news so far.

I'm not naturally pessimistic, but I couln't see any way they'd find these guys after this time. Good news story - I bet Trump tweets that it's either a hoax, or he'll take the credit.

The USA won't want to know if the youngsters die. There is no guarantee they can be 100% rescued.

Obviously I hope they all get out alive and well, but it's still a very serious situation.

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011
Just goes to show that there are so many unsung heroes, who live among us. These people are willing to stop their lives, ship out and try anything in order to make a difference.
It’s not just us, there are people like this from all over the world, in spite of all the shit that surrounds the Hunan race, much of it our own doing, it so good to know that these guys exist.
Let’s hope, they are able to get all the kids out in good shape.

el punal

I'm not naturally pessimistic, but I couln't see any way they'd find these guys after this time. Good news story - I bet Trump tweets that it's either a hoax, or he'll take the credit.

No - Trump will think they’re illegal immigrants trying to tunnel their way under the U.S. border. He will then boldly announce that these are “bad guys” and should be sent back home, and then come up with the usual crap of “Let’s keep America American, so we’re going to build a wall around these bad caves.”

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Football coach takes young boys to the caves. Wouldn't happen in this country

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
The film. First 30 minutes depicting the period up until their found, will be a black screen as they have not light.
The rescuers. If anybody deserves a Knighthood, surely it's these guys.
The rescue. If there's a god, he will ensure their safety. Stand by for an all nighter as they bring them out though.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
The film. First 30 minutes depicting the period up until their found, will be a black screen as they have not light.
The first 30 mins will be getting to know these wonderful kids, as they go on an adventure. The black screen bit for the next hour is a bit of an issue. I don't know how long they kept their torches going, presumably a flick of light every now and then.

The rescue. If there's a god, he will ensure their safety. Stand by for an all nighter as they bring them out though.
All-nighter? Might take a bit longer than that.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
The latest article about the situation, with diagrams of the difficulties. The Thai navy have sent doctors and nurses in to examine the boys. Two Navy doctors have volunteered to stay with the boys for as long as it takes.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-44692813

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Was huge news when over there. Glad they've been found. 4 months stuck there will be more bearable with all the lights, food, company and mentally knowing they have been found than those first 10 days I'm sure!

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
This is one incredible effort. A 2k dive required this morning it is said or the alternative is try and find away to sit out the monsoons I guess. WTF. Anyone who has ever dived will know how ridiculously difficult a 2k dive would be, unbelievable and this isnt an open water on the Barrier Reef or Red Sea with some nice fish and coral to look at, its bloody cave diving in hopeless condiitons to untrained divers who wont have seen the light of day and will be mentally and physically ****ed. I am gripped by this, the task in hand now should not be under estimated. I dont know, but if there is anyway to ride it out till after the monsoons that must be the less risky option I would guess (though obviously the decision makers here will know a zillion times more than us.) When I first heard 4 months of food, I just thought wow, why. It must be torture down there, possibly 2 weeks is just the beginning. I did some caving once in Derbyshire where we had to turn our lights out and the darkness was undescribable. Blacker than black you could scrunch your eyes up and blink and it was no different if that makes sense

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here