Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Watching World Cup in The Railway, Portslade

Blues Rock DJ

Apr 18, 2011
Dorset
"Best World Cup for years and, down here it seems the only interest in watching football down your local is in England games".

Best world cup for at least four years, but why the need to watch it in a pub ? Cheaper and more relaxing watching on my sofa !!

Knightsworld

Aug 19, 2003
WSU, just below the seagull.
I'm thinking of meeting a mate from Worthing in the Railway to watch England Colombia. Anyone been in there for other England games and can recommend it (or not)?

I was in there for the Tunisia game. They have a separate bar area out the back "The Platform" with a big screen. Great atmosphere and certainly better than going to The Victoria.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
The Battle of Trafalgar (the Portslade one, i.e. the better one) was off the chain last night.

Haven't been in there since the Welsh Euro match when some **** won £900 from Gareth Bale. Were the old grumpy men in there?

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
I watched the Panama game in the Buckingham, and it was highly civilised. Was sat at a table with a BUDDY (yes, I do have one), unobstructed view. No hint of a dry lunch, very pleasant viewing. Maybe the 1pm kickoff was condusive to that though (7pm tomorrow might bring out the spackos who can't hold their drink). But I'd say the Buckingham was a largely positive England experience.
Buddy ? Havent you got any MATES ?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Buddy ? Havent you got any MATES ?

A few thanks. Are you going to follow me round the board all day picking out words I use that you don't like ? Cos that could get really old, really quick for both of us. And everyone else.

Bore off and go have a have a crumpet or something.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
A few thanks. Are you going to follow me round the board all day picking out words I use that you don't like ? Cos that could get really old, really quick for both of us. And everyone else.

Bore off and go have a have a crumpet or something.
i didnt have to follow you round , the first one i obviously commented on and the next one was in a thread i looked at next , 'wankpuffin' get a grip ffs :facepalm:

BrightonCottager

Sep 30, 2013
Brighton
Well where did u watch it?

In the end, I had to get to the Prince Regent pool for 6.50 so I legged it up to the Welly in Upper Gloucester Road. My mate cycled into the wind from Worthing like the fool he is. It was a great atmosphere. Packed but loads of screens. Harveys, Tribute and D**m Bar. Albion and Fulham friendly. Recommend it. I'll be avoiding the Railway after the comments on here!

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
In the end, I had to get to the Prince Regent pool for 6.50 so I legged it up to the Welly in Upper Gloucester Road. My mate cycled into the wind from Worthing like the fool he is. It was a great atmosphere. Packed but loads of screens. Harveys, Tribute and D**m Bar. Albion and Fulham friendly. Recommend it. I'll be avoiding the Railway after the comments on here!

Good man pleased you had a good night!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here