Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Jack O'Connell

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Wednesday bought Jordan Rhodes a couple of years ago and I doubt he cost less than £3m.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Yep got that mixed up. Brunt was there record received just 3 million

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Sheff U manager will probably fight to keep him; article in Ar$egas... what a huge ****ing surprise, and congrats to the Argus on "The Non-Story of the Year" award win!

forumwayseagull

Oct 22, 2005
Rochester kent
Sheff U manager will probably fight to keep him; article in Ar$egas... what a huge ****ing surprise, and congrats to the Argus on "The Non-Story of the Year" award win!

That is what every manager says....UNTIL you hit magic number. Still feel this is a smoke screen, as we really want Moore and it was reported by Sky in the Tau signing article that sources close to Brighton say we are close to re opening negotiations.

Otherwise we will have the same situation with Oconnell as Moore the prices will be 10-12 mill and you have to bite the bullet eventually.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
That is what every manager says....UNTIL you hit magic number. Still feel this is a smoke screen, as we really want Moore and it was reported by Sky in the Tau signing article that sources close to Brighton say we are close to re opening negotiations.

Otherwise we will have the same situation with Oconnell as Moore the prices will be 10-12 mill and you have to bite the bullet eventually.

Yes, would prefer Moore AT THE RIGHT PRICE...

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
The Moore I think about this, the Moore I doubt the JOC story is anything more than a bargaining chip in the Lizard's poker game to land a CB...

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Potentially more 'viable' than Moore, according to argus.

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
Sheff U certainly produce good defenders Maguire and Walke being good examples.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
OK, if Reading are still acting like total wankers, then let's go for JOC...

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
Looking at O'Connell's stats on Squawka and comparing them with Liam Moore's for last season, it is clear why Moore would be more expensive. I've added Dunk and Duffy's stats from the season we won promotion, and unsurprisingly, whilst winning promotion, D&D out performed the other two, but not by a huge amount.

Ideally, if we could get Moore, he would be my preference as he would challenge D&D for a starting berth. O'Connell looks more likely to be a back up option.

image.png

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It does seem a little odd for the club to be going large on a centre back.

This is Brighton and Hove Albion we're talking about, this club is like catnip to quality centre backs.
Have the coaches actually looked everywhere for all available big lads at the back, there's probably one hiding behind a sofa or something.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
It does seem a little odd for the club to be going large on a centre back.

This is Brighton and Hove Albion we're talking about, this club is like catnip to quality centre backs.
Have the coaches actually looked everywhere for all available big lads at the back, there's probably one hiding behind a sofa or something.

I give you Ben White, but he isn't ready... JOC has much more experience...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here