Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Leeds Utd spending big after a 17 year break

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Their first big fee since the era of Ferdinand, Fowler, Dacourt.

IMG_2685.PNG

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
In fairness, Leeds are a similarly sized club to us only less successful.

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
Won't be the first player to leave Derby this season either. Lampards been told that he has to reduce the wage bill to around 22m a season,

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Won't be the first player to leave Derby this season either. Lampards been told that he has to reduce the wage bill to around 22m a season,

The numbers in Derby’s accounts are a bugger to decipher since Mel Morris split the company into smaller parts and then changed the year end so that the parent’s profit and loss account covered ten instead of twelve months.

http://priceoffootball.com/derby-county-respectable/

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath

I wonder if John Terry will play for free?

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Football clubs do some odd things in the name of retail - £99, they're going to be tricky to shift!
A Wednesday [emoji23] mate of mine told me about this yesterday. I thought he was on a wind up.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Last season Massive were trying to sell season tickets for multiple seasons ahead.

Desparate measures, scrapping every last penny from their fans.
The natives I speak to have finally woken up to the fact that their Massive splurge on overpriced, overpaid players has failed miserably and they are in for at least another season of cost cutting, being fleeced and not buying anyone decent.

They can at least be thankful that they're not Villa but the "four year plan" or whatever it was has evaporated in the rancid steam of owl piss that was their half arsed attempt to buy their way out of the Championship.

"We're Sheffield Wednesday [emoji23], We're on our way back!" Yes, to stagnant mediocrity where you belong.

The thing that really hurts them though is Sheffield United being better than them and on a shoestring budget.

It's great fun being an Albion fan up here. Especially after the years of "what division are they in?" type crap that I used to get.

giphy_s.gif

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
"The Pro-Fit kit is manufactured from superior moist management fabric featuring EVAPOR8 technology laser cut for improved athlete fit"

:lolol:

I LOVE reading the complete and utter GUFF the marketing moguls inevitably spew when it comes to flogging off the latest acrylic atrocity they've come up with. "EVAPOR8". Good grief. As if that'll have any effect whatsoever on some lumbering type 2 diabetic wheezing yorkshire bloater as he navigates his way from the bar with his 5th pint back to his pile of pork scratchings.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
"The Pro-Fit kit is manufactured from superior moist management fabric featuring EVAPOR8 technology laser cut for improved athlete fit"

[emoji38]ol:

I LOVE reading the complete and utter GUFF the marketing moguls inevitably spew when it comes to flogging off the latest acrylic atrocity they've come up with. "EVAPOR8". Good grief. As if that'll have any effect whatsoever on some lumbering type 2 diabetic wheezing yorkshire bloater as he navigates his way from the bar with his 5th pint back to his pile of pork scratchings.
Indeed.
3ad354e0d99868f60efc02a6596065fe.jpg

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
£11m isn't that much nowadays.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here