Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] One of these teams...

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Why exactly? It's not like the spelling isn't widespread. It is Columbia records after all and Washington DC ( District of Columbia). And it's pronounced with an uh sound in the middle so imo it's not exactly a shock that so many people spell it incorrectly.

Its not a shock I suppose but just disappointing how many people are so uneducated about the world

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
Mrsww spelt it Columbia in our family sweepstake. I let it go. After all, I got Ingland!

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Got to get past the Colombians first, no pushovers.

And the Croatians are gonna be a stern test should we meet them - they must have one of the best first choice midfields in the tournament.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
And even now some people think we were wrong to play a weakened team against Belgium :lolol:

Most people on here were, the poll results were pretty stark.

Some of us saw the bigger picture though

Slightly straw man to say that. The question was, "Keep winning or look for the easier knockout games?". I was all for playing a 'changed' side to ensure the squad is involved, but I was also all for winning the game. I don't think we played to lose thankfully, or tried to pick up unnecessary bookings (as the Belgiums appeared to do in the first half) we were just crap with our changed side – which actually is a worry even if it got us in the right side of the draw.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Cash out.

I didn't do it on line. I only bet the old fashioned way. Betting slip at the Bookies. Don't think its an option to cash out when you do it that way. But I don't wanna cash out. I am gonna get a good run for my money from the Colombians hopefully. They haven't conceeded a goal when they have had 11 men on the pitch

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
I didn't do it on line. I only bet the old fashioned way. Betting slip at the Bookies. Don't think its an option to cash out when you do it that way. But I don't wanna cash out. I am gonna get a good run for my money from the Colombians hopefully. They haven't conceeded a goal when they have had 11 men on the pitch

Could still arb it for a decent profit. But as I believe you're from North of the border, letting it ride will probably be more fun......

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Could still arb it for a decent profit. But as I believe you're from North of the border, letting it ride will probably be more fun......

Exactly - Gives me an interest in the tournament, although, almost every match so far has been great to watch

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Exactly - Gives me an interest in the tournament, although, almost every match so far has been great to watch
Agreed. People saying it's been a poor World Cup don't understand football. I've watched nearly every game and am loving it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here