Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Brighton beach big screen World Cup viewing

The Kid Frankie

Sep 5, 2012
IF we win tonight gonna land on the Marina Big Screen on Saturday. Will probably have my 5 month old boy with me so hoping it doesn't get too messy down there.

D

Deleted member 18477

Is anyone actually watching Wimbledon this year? ???

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
If they are actually SERIOUS about showing tennis over England in a World Cup Quarter Final on Saturday ("at managers discretion"), I think I'd be tempted to turn up early and hurl a large bucket of B&Q budget white silk emulsion at their poxy giant screen.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
How was the beach experience last night? I have tickets for Saturday but weighing up whether to go elsewhere as my 16 year old daughter might not get in despite it only saying about under 12s when I bought the tickets?

Stumpy Tim

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
That's disgusting behaviour. Was thinking of going there myself for the semi's if we made it. I took my 7 year old there for the Panama game and he loved it... I can't not take him to future games

Just emailed them got this response:

Thank you for your email. We apologise for the confusion regarding our added age restriction for the England match this Saturday. This is a security measure which has been put in place on all England matches going forward.

I have looped in our team at See Tickets who will be able to process your refund.

So that is that then.

Off to the Marina?

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Just emailed them got this response:

Thank you for your email. We apologise for the confusion regarding our added age restriction for the England match this Saturday. This is a profit maximising matter which has been put in place on all England matches going forward.

I have looped in our team at See Tickets who will be able to process your refund.

So that is that then.

Off to the Marina?

More like

Can't you just take some fold up chairs and watch it from outside the fence

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Wouldn’t happen in Germany.
Me and the Mrs watched the England Sweden game in 2006 in a beer garden with big screens in Munich.

The organisation, atmosphere, total lack of any threat of bother and MASSIVE steins of great beer made it one of the best TV football watching experiences ever.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
You can't link to somebody's instagram 'stories', but go and have a look at Steve Sidwell's stories from last night, if you want to see how watching England at home should really be done*.

*if you've been earning tens of thousands of pounds a week for a decade!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Me and the Mrs watched the England Sweden game in 2006 in a beer garden with big screens in Munich.

The organisation, atmosphere, total lack of any threat of bother and MASSIVE steins of great beer made it one of the best TV football watching experiences ever.

My post was more that it wouldn’t happen in Germany because all the fan zones were dismantled after the South Korea game :lolol: But I’m with you on this. Here in Berlin the cult of “public viewing” is rather amusing as most bars, pubs, restaurants, cafes, off licenses have a huge tv screen which they will drag or affix outside somewhere so you have hundreds if not thousands of options to watch.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
You can't link to somebody's instagram 'stories', but go and have a look at Steve Sidwell's stories from last night, if you want to see how watching England at home should really be done*.

*if you've been earning tens of thousands of pounds a week for a decade!

I think most would say "nah" if they had to watch it with John Terry though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here