Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] Mortimer and Whitehouse - gone fishing

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I have had it recommended to me recently. The Whitehouse takes his fishing almost as seriously as [MENTION=34206]Pretty Plnk Fairy[/MENTION] apparently :) :thumbsup::

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
Might get flamed for this and accept it might be of limited interest, but for those of a certain age (regardless of whether you’re into fishing or not) it’s a nice whimsical bit of telly..........

It would be of interest to heart attack survivors too, like me, as I think they are.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I like it, quite funny and also informative

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
Haven't watched the second one yet. I'm now at that age when fishing and heart health are both of equal interest to me.......you just never know when the info will come in handy

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
Might get flamed for this and accept it might be of limited interest, but for those of a certain age (regardless of whether you’re into fishing or not) it’s a nice whimsical bit of telly..........

I am really enjoying it

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
Haven't seen it, or intend to watch it, but heard it was good. Sounds a nice secure environment for two men to talk about things which matter.

Mr Putdown

Jan 26, 2004
Christchurch
Episode 5 was filmed on my place, and, other than Bob oversleeping and cocking up the intended start of the episode, it went quite well.

A while back someone on here was looking for prizes for a charity event and I donated a day’s fishing in the famous Bridge Pool, which I guess to a non angler meant nothing. It’s the place where this episode was filmed.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Episode 5 was filmed on my place, and, other than Bob oversleeping and cocking up the intended start of the episode, it went quite well.

A while back someone on here was looking for prizes for a charity event and I donated a day’s fishing in the famous Bridge Pool, which I guess to a non angler meant nothing. It’s the place where this episode was filmed.

Your place? You own the Bridge Pool? The whole Royalty? Or you run it? Davis tackle? Whatever the answer - blimey!

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
If ever there was a way to accurately convey a sense of high excitement in a single post :thumbsup:

Yeah, sorry about that. The Royalty holds a very special place in my heart - it was the place that hosted my first fishing holiday with my grandfather, and, 15 years later, also my last holiday with him. Until only last year it was where I caught my largest barbel. The Bridge Pool is where I caught my first salmon.

I can think of no other place in the world that brings back so many happy memories of family times, and fishing days out. My love of fishing predates my love for the Albion by not far off a decade.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Yeah, sorry about that. The Royalty holds a very special place in my heart - it was the place that hosted my first fishing holiday with my grandfather, and, 15 years later, also my last holiday with him. Until only last year it was where I caught my largest barbel. The Bridge Pool is where I caught my first salmon.

I can think of no other place in the world that brings back so many happy memories of family times, and fishing days out. My love of fishing predates my love for the Albion by not far off a decade.

No need for an explanation, just thought that the obvious excitement in that first post was superb. Certainly bought a smile to my face :smile:

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
I'm enjoying it. It's not laugh a second stuff to be honest - but it is humorous/witty
and I like the scenery and settings.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
It's slow telly at its best, like The Detectorists.

It's about the fragility of life; English humour; English scenery; fishing. In that order.

PG

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011

Don’t apologise...... being able to relive and express important times in your life is a beautiful thing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here