Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Jonatha Pie nails it again

btnbelle

Apr 26, 2017
I can only imagine Afua Hirsch's reaction to watching that...

Total revenge for the waffle she comes out with.

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
Sorry to answer your question with a question, but why is that even relevant? Surely an issue is an issue regardless of ethnicity.

Think of the following sentences, which are deemed positive or negative by today's societal standards. It's contentious, they should all be equally acceptable or unacceptable, but in reality they're not.

I'm proud to be black.

I'm proud to be white.

I'm proud to be gay.

I'm proud to be straight.

I'm proud to be a woman.

I'm proud to be a man.

A slight aside but all of those things are accidents of birth - I've never understood how anyone, ever, could be proud of something that, upon which, they had zero influence. They did not exist when the events happened that made these things fact. Just saying....

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
A slight aside but all of those things are accidents of birth - I've never understood how anyone, ever, could be proud of something that, upon which, they had zero influence. They did not exist when the events happened that made these things fact. Just saying....

That means that David Cameron can be proud of being a TWA...

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Quite. I am 85% in agreement with you. I can recall a red faced bonehead ranting at me for not being 'proud to be English' nearly 30 years ago. I didn't really understand what me meant, to be fair, for the reason you explain. Very very pleased to win a fotball match, sure. That said, perhaps contrarily (moi?) I feel pride about The Albion - because of the amazing achievement, from the state we were in in 1998, through the wilderness years, the great cameraderie I have had (mostly with folk on the old Mailing List), the slow rise to where we are now, the wonderful stadium and sense of togetherness. Chris. Yes, pride. Give me a moment while I get that speck of dust out of my eye.

And I have pride in England - a wonderful place to live, amazing freedoms and opportunities, amazing people. But I don't feel pride in an England football win, per se. If we win the world cup, or lose with dignity, then I may feel some pride. If it is earnt. But 'England football right or wrong' isn't a source of pride for me. Also, exultation and euphoria trump pride for me, any day. Let's not forget the old saying 'pride before a fall' either. And after that comes shame. Stop hunting for pride and you avoid the (inevitable) shame. :lolol:

Pretty Plnk Fairy

NSC Patron
Jan 30, 2008
Quite. I am 85% in agreement with you. I can recall a red faced bonehead ranting at me for not being 'proud to be English' nearly 30 years ago. I didn't really understand what me meant, to be fair, for the reason you explain. Very very pleased to win a fotball match, sure. That said, perhaps contrarily (moi?) I feel pride about The Albion - because of the amazing achievement, from the state we were in in 1998, through the wilderness years, the great cameraderie I have had (mostly with folk on the old Mailing List), the slow rise to where we are now, the wonderful stadium and sense of togetherness. Chris. Yes, pride. Give me a moment while I get that speck of dust out of my eye.

And I have pride in England - a wonderful place to live, amazing freedoms and opportunities, amazing people. But I don't feel pride in an England football win, per se. If we win the world cup, or lose with dignity, then I may feel some pride. If it is earnt. But 'England football right or wrong' isn't a source of pride for me. Also, exultation and euphoria trump pride for me, any day. Let's not forget the old saying 'pride before a fall' either. And after that comes shame. Stop hunting for pride and you avoid the (inevitable) shame. :lolol:

another toby comment from a snowflake we are english so that makes us lions and what do you call a group of lions??? its a pride innit which if you went to the univercity of life you would know so up yours leftie

regards
DR

Jackthelad

Mar 31, 2010
I don't disagree with him, but people who look for examples of "political correctness gone mad" where it hasn't, also piss me off.

Two sides of the same coin, you get the same mentality on both sides. The alt-right are a prime example of that, they are often as stupid as the SJW's with the way they overreact.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
another toby comment from a snowflake we are english so that makes us lions and what do you call a group of lions??? its a pride innit which if you went to the univercity of life you would know so up yours leftie

regards
DR

Well theres no way hes a fish as he obviously has never been in a school, a herd maybe with the other Sheeple in this thread. Also a pack, the naive or joker maybe, a Queen most definatley.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton

How do you block posters again?

Sorted, can’t stand your inane bull anymore!

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Firstly it wouldn't be a lawsuit it was a complaint to the Police, now thats such a convulted approach and seeing It was deleted I decided to let it slide.

NSC wouldn't be liable for 3rd party actions, unless an organiser say an Admin or a Moderator. Thats why you are happy to use Clamp as your attack dog, someone who is obviously mentally unstable.

He runs his mouth and you do nothing untill theres a response then you can pretend to be "even haanded", which reflects what a weasel Oh and trust me any of his shit goes IRL to an employer I would expect legal action to follow from whoever his target was.

:laugh:

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
why dont you go suck the shit out of a ducks arse with a straw? Given your mental state you can easily convince yourself its Fois Gras.
Foie Gras.

You couldn't make up how shit at putting people down you actually are.*

*Go on, correct the grammar. [emoji182][emoji182][emoji182]

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Foie Gras.

You couldn't make up how shit at putting people down you actually are.*

*Go on, correct the grammar. [emoji182][emoji182][emoji182]

As I just posted on another thread, (to paraphrase) oh, how glorious it is, how pleasant the fragrances, in the world of NSC with blocked cockwombles. Dyslexic or just thick, who gives a shit? Begone you nobbers. Begone.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
On a Sunday? Heathen.

And yet you still engage? Embrace freedom and block :lolol:

Well, if you insist, please pass on to him, that he

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here