Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Jonatha Pie nails it again

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
[MENTION=277]looney[/MENTION], you know I don't read your posts because you are blocked. But reading the replies to your posts on this thread.....FFS man, get a f'ucking grip. Even Theresa May and Jeremy Corbyn get better responses to their drivelling utterances than you do :shrug:

HWt king of the snowflakes

800px_COLOURBOX1564749.jpg

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I think "political correctness gone mad" is a problem , its counter productive- it detracts from what are serious issues and inequalities and trivialises them. I get annoyed every year around gay pride when I see all the rainbow flags outside pubs, clubs, cafes, restaurants, coffee shops etc who for the rest of the year have nothing to do with the gay community but see it as a way of filling their tills and in some cases (hotels especially) putting prices up.The Wagamama signs, the coffee cup in rainbow colours is meaningless, what have they done to say"look at us aren't we great to you gays". The renaming of the literary prize, the removal of works of art in America because they were done by or depict confederates, its all poppycock. Times change, attitudes change, shoud we go back and rewrite all of literature, repaint great pictures because they depict things that are no longer seen as "correct".

The video is spot on, lets highlight things that are still wrong with the world, not look for anything that may be deliberately misconstrued to be something it isn't. Lets not look at things written by people when they were teens and then punish them years later after some oik of a reporter has trolled through years worth of tweets and facebook postings. In short -lets grow up, stop being offended on other peoples behalf, stop being all self righteous twonks, and above all celebrate the words of Llaura Ingles Wilder, and accept that her writings reflected society as it was then, and have given pleasure and still do give pleasure to millions of readers across the world

There is no such thing as Gay Pride, It's Pride. As in everyone should take pride in their sexuality. That applies to straight, white males drinking lager and watching football as much as it applies to gay Somalians dancing around in leather strapping and drinking Campari.

Similarly, the rainbow flag symbolises sexual diversity. That includes heterosexuals as much as it includes gays, lesbians, bisexuals, celibates and the sexually bewildered.

Why do shops and restaurants put the flag up around Pride day? Same reason shops and restaurants put holly and lights up around Christmas, to celebrate and hopefully make a few extra bob. Two perfectly good aims for the shops in Brighton.

This post is not meant as a critisism or as an insult, just a correction on some of your points.

Jonathon Pie is quite annoying but he makes some good points. Usually though, when you dig a little deeper on these decisions of so called "political correctness gone mad" it usually boils down to some confused civil servant type trying to do the right thing but tripping over their own head in the attempt. Ironically they are usually David Brent types who are achingly politically incorrect.

Last edited:

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patreon
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
I have seen discrimination against straight white men, particuarly by minority groups and feminists. It definitely exists, and what makes it worse, it is acceptable.

Agreeing with you, how times change!

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Ignoring all the spurious arguments and handbags at ten paces on this thread, I can't disagree with anything in the clip posted by the OP. Racism is a wicked thing; screaming 'racism' when it just doesn't apply simply makes tackling real racism harder.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Try ball the examples quoted by other groups.

To me the "Complaining about PC" has gone on for long enough, take for example the no whites policy at the BBC, its a kind of whining.

The questions I am now asking is, who is promoting this garbage? How do we remove them? How do we shut this shit down?

now some of the answere will really make you think.

Know your enemies.

Feminists, Boomers and Normies.

You're a lovely little insane halfwit. But you're our lovely little insane halfwit. 🤗🤗🤗

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Completely agree with Pie btw. I think the Dead Kennedy's tune "Where do you draw the line?" Summed it up best

"What better way to turn people off than to twist ideas for change into one more church that forgets we're all human beings....... Where do you draw the line?"

Used it in an essay when we had to discuss a feminist poem about Rugby idiots. So frustrating when you hate both sides of the argument because logic.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Go on then, give us a few examples?

Well there was a little thing called the holocaust, remember that?

Then there's the Irishmen who were oppressed for 800 years. Actually throw in the Scots and Welsh too. The concept of the UK was literally built around the oppression of other cultures. Northern Ireland only exists today because of the oppression of the native population.

Then there's the Roman Empire that oppressed many white cultures.

Maybe go visit a War Memorial or a battle site where people died trying to defend themselves from oppressive forces.

Then there's the whole oppression of working classes by the elite.

Even today we have ISIS in the middle east attempting to oppress white cultures in the middle east.

History is littered with example after example of the males of the thousands of white cultures bearing the brunt of oppressive regimes.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
You're a lovely little insane halfwit. But you're our lovely little insane halfwit. 🤗🤗🤗

Ah another loser pops out of the bag of idiots with nothing to say but a patronising insult. People are waking up to the fact they dont have to put up with your kind of BS.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
ideas for change i

Ideas for change? You mean distructive ideologies where you attempt to shut down and smear any opposition ? Like your last post to me, you have become that thing you most hate.:facepalm:

Used it in an essay when we had to discuss a feminist poem about Rugby idiots.

So your one of those graduates in Femenist dance theory who I keep hearing about? Working in Starbucks with a mountain of debt for a useless degree who now wants a revolution?

you hate both sides of the argument because logic.

Logic? LOL Irony.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Ah another loser pops out of the bag of idiots with nothing to say but a patronising insult. People are waking up to the fact they dont have to put up with your kind of BS.

Out of interest Looney, how is the lawsuit against NSC and The Clamp proceeding. Every day I open the post in excitement of being called to court, but I'm still waiting, and I want to book my hols.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
I enjoyed the vid

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
So your one of those graduates in Femenist dance theory who I keep hearing about? Working in Starbucks with a mountain of debt for a useless degree who now wants a revolution?

What the **** are you on about? I didn't go to university, I went to SCHOOL. You know, the place where you learn to read and write properly..... Oh.

So no, I have no debt, I'm self employed and I've never worked in a coffee shop. Apart from getting absolutely everything wrong as per, you've wildly missed the whole point of my post in a pathetic attempt at a cheap shot.

You're a little cry baby who can't take any criticism. Maybe you should scream for a policeman again. [emoji23]

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Out of interest Looney, how is the lawsuit against NSC and The Clamp proceeding. Every day I open the post in excitement of being called to court, but I'm still waiting, and I want to book my hols.

Firstly it wouldn't be a lawsuit it was a complaint to the Police, now thats such a convulted approach and seeing It was deleted I decided to let it slide.

NSC wouldn't be liable for 3rd party actions, unless an organiser say an Admin or a Moderator. Thats why you are happy to use Clamp as your attack dog, someone who is obviously mentally unstable.

He runs his mouth and you do nothing untill theres a response then you can pretend to be "even haanded", which reflects what a weasel Oh and trust me any of his shit goes IRL to an employer I would expect legal action to follow from whoever his target was.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Firstly it wouldn't be a lawsuit it was a complaint to the Police, now thats such a convulted approach and seeing It was deleted I decided to let it slide.

NSC wouldn't be liable for 3rd party actions, unless an organiser say an Admin or a Moderator. Thats why you are happy to use Clamp as your attack dog, someone who is obviously mentally unstable.

He runs his mouth and you do nothing untill theres a response then you can pretend to be "even haanded", which reflects what a weasel Oh and trust me any of his shit goes IRL to an employer I would expect legal action to follow from whoever his target was.

Yay! I can book my hols xx

#LoveIslandHereICome

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here