Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Anyone seen Florin Andone ?

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
A friend of mine supports Depor and liked Andone, he was frustrated with how last season went for him as a player and for the club (relegated!) - but he thought Andone would be able to adapt to the Premier League. At the moment, I really can't see how Andone is going to fit in the team. Whose place is he after? Assuming Gross remains fit as he did last season, I don't see how Andone gets much game time. He gives us a different option, but I'm not convinced we'll see too much of him. We'll see how it pans out over the season.

One thing is for sure though - he needs to get his head down in pre-season and prove himself as quickly as possible to give himself the best chance and I look forward to the friendly games to see what he can do.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
A friend of mine supports Depor and liked Andone, he was frustrated with how last season went for him as a player and for the club (relegated!) - but he thought Andone would be able to adapt to the Premier League. At the moment, I really can't see how Andone is going to fit in the team. Whose place is he after? Assuming Gross remains fit as he did last season, I don't see how Andone gets much game time. He gives us a different option, but I'm not convinced we'll see too much of him. We'll see how it pans out over the season.

One thing is for sure though - he needs to get his head down in pre-season and prove himself as quickly as possible to give himself the best chance and I look forward to the friendly games to see what he can do.

Is he not a Murray replacement/competition then?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
I thought he was down as 6 foot tall so hardly a midget.

Expect this is Glenn's last year starting and he might slip behind Locadia and Andone sometime in 2019. Better to have them both in the squad now given our struggles recruiting forwards.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Ah yes, 6 foot midget.

So, exactly the same height as our other midget.

Maybe we are trying to recreate that Withdean team which someone (sounds like it could have been Easy10) but I can't remember exactly who, described to a rival fan on here as 'being attacked by a gang of angry midgets on speed' :lolol:

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here

Baldock's place???

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015

I think the opposite. I think we will see an awful lot of him

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton

He was the big money forward we wanted before we signed Locadia so I think he'll be competing with Murray for the lone striker role. Not sure where this leaves Locadia tbh.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Poyningsgull

Apr 12, 2007
Last season we were dead lucky with injuries. We will be very glad to have these guys on board if we are not so lucky this time round.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Me too - I heard good things about him but I have never ever seen him play

I heard he was shite.
He's definitely either too short or too tall (I haven't decided yet)
He always misses 4 or 5 chances every game that Barnes would have got.
He's League 1 at best.
Will probably join Orient.

So I for one will be booing and grumbling until such time as he leaves to be proficient elsewhere, at which point I will write:-
'Well he never played that good when playing for us'.

(an ATTEMPT at humour)

Last edited:

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
If you look at Andones twitter pic, that clearly looks to be a picture for next seasons kit. Different coller to last seasons.

Sorry if this has been mentioned elsewhere I have been away for a few days.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I heard he was shite.
He's definitely either too short or too tall (I haven't decided yet)
He always misses 4 or 5 chances every game that Barnes would have got.
He's League 1 at best.
Will probably join Orient.

So I for one will be booing and grumbling until such time as he leaves to be proficient elsewhere, at which point I will write:-
'Well he never played that good when playing for us'.

(an ATTEMPT at humour)
Are you sure he isn't "petulant" as well ? ???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here