Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Former referee Mark Halsey admits booking player who asked for card

um bongo molongo

Jul 26, 2004
Battersea
I seem to remember our own Lewis Dunk making a rather obvious attempt to get booked a couple of seasons ago to invite his suspension during an FA Cup week - much debated on here. From memory he had two goes at it - kicked the ball away and wasn't booked so then kicked it again a bit further ��

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
I seem to remember our own Lewis Dunk making a rather obvious attempt to get booked a couple of seasons ago to invite his suspension during an FA Cup week - much debated on here. From memory he had two goes at it - kicked the ball away and wasn't booked so then kicked it again a bit further ��

wasn't there a game when both Duffy and Dunk were one yellow away from suspension at the same time. Duffy (I think) got himself a really really silly yellow and missed the next game, but it meant that we didn't lose both at the same time

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria

He seems to have hardly been booked since. Although I've just looked up last season, and he was actually booked 7 times - just nowhere near any suspensions.

Trevor

In my Fifties, still know nothing
NSC Patron
Dec 16, 2012
Milton Keynes
Mark Halsey should have kept his mouth shut at all points in this story. However, take the blah blah out of this - its a bookable offence - end of

AnotherArch

Northern Exile
Apr 2, 2009
Stockport & M62

Then there was Steve Foster many years ago desperately trying to get himself sent off at Notts County - and failing. Having been booked, a sending off would have meant that he would not have missed the Cup Final. When you think how some players have got themselves stupidly sent off since, this does go down as a failure from Fozzie.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Then there was Steve Foster many years ago desperately trying to get himself sent off at Notts County - and failing. Having been booked, a sending off would have meant that he would not have missed the Cup Final. When you think how some players have got themselves stupidly sent off since, this does go down as a failure from Fozzie.

I read somewhere that the ref was a Man U fan. Might be urban legend but makes sense!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here