Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Jose Izquierdo, Don’t You Dare!

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
Eh? I thought it was weird to want others to do better than your country of Birth?

What's money got to do with it? Would you use this same logic with gambling?
Some people aren't as patriotic as others, something you seem to find 'weird' and yet there's even ex internationals who are supporting other nationalities. It's football, not world war 3

If England were playing Luxembourg (not in the World Cup) I'd rather see Luxembourg win. I'm a supporter of the underdog.

What if Luxembourg were playing ROI, and ROI needed the 3 points to qualify for the next Euros? Thought so.

Just be honest, you are just another one of the bitter, live here but support anyone but England, brigade.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Apparently the albion get £6,500 each day a player is at the World Cup, starting 2 weeks before the tournament.

So we are already over £500k up, and the small silver lining is if England lose this total keeps rising each day.

Last edited:

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
Apparently the albion get £6,500 each day a player is at the World Cup, starting 2 weeks before the tournament.

So we are already over £500k up, and the same silver lining is if England lose this total keeps rising each day.

You honestly think TB would rather have a few extra grand, than a refreshed, injury free Jose? It’s no silver lining.

So come on, be honest like your mate above eventually was, which are you? Welsh,Scottish or Irish?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
You honestly think TB would rather have a few extra grand, than a refreshed, injury free Jose? It’s no silver lining.

So come on, be honest like your mate above eventually was, which are you? Welsh,Scottish or Irish?
That's a bit aggressive isn't it ?

How about a nice cash return AND a fit Jose returning after an extended break ?

I've already said my team is England by the way, and I was referring to a silver lining, not my preference !

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
That's a bit aggressive isn't it ?

How about a nice cash return AND a fit Jose returning after an extended break ?

I've already said my team is England by the way, and I was referring to a silver lining, not my preference !

Nope, not aggressive, merely a club AND country man.

Fellow Englishmen are trying their best to bring the World Cup home, and I believe in supporting, not dissing, them.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Hughton would of done exactly the same against Belgium, no point risking cards and injuries. What happened to the how will we get there I don't care? So many anti English on this thread it's sickening.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
I don't get all this "you have to play and beat beat the best to progress and win a competition, by that logic, given the 2 options below, you would be just as happy with either of these to be Brighton's route to the FA Cup final as, by that logic, they are the same and there is no advantage of having an easier route
Harder route
3rd round = Chelsea (a)
4th round = Liverpool (a)
5th round = Tottenham (a)
Quarter-final = Manchester United (A)
Semi-final = Manchester City

Or alternative route to the final
3rd round = Coventry (h)
4th round = Yeovil (h)
5th round = Rotherham (h)
Quarter-final = Rochdale (h)
Semi-final = Chesterfield

Which route is going to result in a higher probability of making the final, and do the opponents on the route make a difference to that chance of making it or not

THIS. When you get to a final, any final, nobody EVER remembers who you beat to get there. Unless you're an absolute football statto, many people can hardly even remember losing FA Cup Semi Finalists.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
What if Luxembourg were playing ROI, and ROI needed the 3 points to qualify for the next Euros? Thought so.

Just be honest, you are just another one of the bitter, live here but support anyone but England, brigade.

I prefer Ireland to England. Why does that make me bitter? I drink Guinness.

Last edited:

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
This first post of yours doesn’t mention your love of ROI. Don’t you think, in the interest of partiality, you might have declared that at the outset, rather than a number of posts in.

Would have saved me the effort of reading your anti England garbage.

Okay, Okay, I get the message. I'll support England from now on.

My apologies.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
And in Southgate's favour, he doesn't seem to have engineered coming second, he simply played the B side and they tried and failed to win.

If Mexico beat an out of sorts Brazil, finishing top of our group will suddenly look like the best option, but as it stands, finishing second looks good, and resting the A team was more important than fighting hard for a top spot that may be a poisoned chalice.

If any team ever loses on purpose, I'd like to see them disqualified, as happened in the Olympic badminton.

What about if a team tries to draw so they can win?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barbados_4–2_Grenada_(1994_Caribbean_Cup_qualification)

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
Okay, Okay, I get the message. I'll support England from now on.

My apologies.

You are missing my point. Delighted for you to support ROI, but would have been fairer to declare your allegiance when launching into your anti England agenda, not a number of posts later.

el punal

Hughton would of done exactly the same against Belgium, no point risking cards and injuries. What happened to the how will we get there I don't care? So many anti English on this thread it's sickening.

The ABE brigade - Anyone But England! The best comment regarding that was during the Rugby World Cup of 2007. Jeff Probyn, the wonderful, former prop forward of England was part of a panel discussing the tournament on Radio 5. England were about to face Australia in the knockout stages. When asked about England’s popularity (or absence of!) he said :

“The Scots hate us, the Welsh hate us, the Irish hate us, the French hate us. In fact everyone has hated us since the Middle Ages!”

“But Jeff,” said one of the panel members “Australia wasn’t around in the Middle Ages.”

Quick as a flash, Jeff replies, “No, but if they had been they would have hated us too!”

Lindfield by the Pond

Jan 10, 2009
Lindfield (near the pond)
We'll lose against Colombia.

All the talk of engineering the draw ( and by implication taking the last 16 game for granted ) will make sure of that....

And Izquierdo will score the only goal.

:albion2:

Wonder if anyone has told Southgate about "Jose 'cut inside and shoot' Izquierdo"?

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
You are missing my point. Delighted for you to support ROI, but would have been fairer to declare your allegiance when launching into your anti England agenda, not a number of posts later.

I was just defending another user who was being mobbed on here for his support of Ezquierdo in this world cup. There's nothing worse than football fans who tell you who to support.

Where have I showed an anti England agenda? All I've said is I usually support the underdog, therefore if England played Luxembourg who've a team of Postmen, plumbers etc, I'd be happy to see them beat England. That's just my nature. I'd still be happy to see England win the world cup, but I'd prefer to see Ireland win it.

Now lets move on. This is boring.

Stephen Seagull

Oct 6, 2015
Barcelona
Back to training tomorrow Jose, holiday’s over now!

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
England need to play better than that if they want to win the WC.

Not enough imagination on the ball and too much fear of the opposition. Colombia look very in control during the 1st half of extra time. We shouldn't be getting controlled by teams of a lesser standard. The England defence were constantly putting themselves under pressure with a lot of silly errors. Way too many misplaced passes for anyone to say Dunk shouldn't have been selected.

But nonetheless, very happy England won. When was the last time England turned around a penalty shootout from a losing situation?

Middle finger up to all the England haters! In your face you bunch of unpatriotic scum bags!

SAC

May 21, 2014
The England haters will be soooo disappointed. Close but no cigar.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
England need to play better than that if they want to win the WC.

Not enough imagination on the ball and too much fear of the opposition. Colombia look very in control during the 1st half of extra time. We shouldn't be getting controlled by teams of a lesser standard. The England defence were constantly putting themselves under pressure with a lot of silly errors. Way too many misplaced passes for anyone to say Dunk shouldn't have been selected.

But nonetheless, very happy England won. When was the last time England turned around a penalty shootout from a losing situation?

Middle finger up to all the England haters! In your face you bunch of unpatriotic scum bags!

Thought we were poor, we are so reliant on set pieces, and although on top as soon as Dier came on we suddenly got a lot worse....

But Southgate has galvanised everyone and people are in danger of believing.......

Kane, Trippier and Maguire amazing World Cup so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here