Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] I've just noticed...there's no FOOTBALL tomorrow

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
For the first time in over 2 weeks, there will not be any SOCCERISTS on the telly at all tomorrow, as the greatest show on Earth draws breath, before plunging us headlong into the white-hot tension, hustle and bustle of the Round of 16.

Anyone glad of the break ? Not me. I've LOVED having my phone propped up on my desk watching the games on the snide with a crafty acca on, my afternoons have absolutely flown by. And I know I'll be at a 'we're loose' end tomorrow evening too.

Make the most of today folks, 'tis a barren field for 24 hours afterwards.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Boooooo. Been loving it, even the days when I'm at work. Productivity in the office yesterday went to an all time low from roughly 4:45 yesterday afternoon :lolol: Can't think why :whistle:

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
my afternoons have absolutely flown by. And I know I'll be at a 'we're loose' end tomorrow evening too.

Sounds like you need to find something to fill the void on Friday afternoon.

May I suggest a long-overdue return of "The Train Game".

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Time to dig out the VHS of 'Escape To Victory' or rewatch the game from 'Bedknobs and Broomsticks'? (David Tomlinson would have benefitted from VAR assistance).

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patreon
May 8, 2007
Toronto
I think all the teams who finish third should enter some sort of PLATE competition, with the games played on those days when there's no football.

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
On the plus side too, when this footie circus is finally over on 15th July, there is barely a month before the real footie starts all over again. :drool:

And don't forget the friendlies inbetween, plus all the fun of the transfer market. It's basically solid football in some form until May - my wife will be SO happy....

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Sounds like you need to find something to fill the void on Friday afternoon.

May I suggest a long-overdue return of "The Train Game".

Nice idea. But we've moved offices since those heady days (about 4 doors down the road), and although I still survey the rear carpark from my window, the sheer volume of foliage obscuring the railway track here would make it impossible to accurately clock the number of carriages going past.

:(

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I thought they'd simply moved back the Last 16 ties 24 hours to have a day of mourning for the German team?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
On the plus side too, when this footie circus is finally over on 15th July, there is barely a month before the real footie starts all over again. :drool:

I say this as a lifelong Albion fan and season ticket holder - at this moment I couldn’t give less of a shit about the Albion. I’m baffled how people can have any enthusiasm about next year’s fixtures when the greatest sporting carnival in the World is on.

If someone told me tomorrow that we’ve signed Messi my mindset would still very much be Partridge’s “can we talk about this in the morning?”

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I say this as a lifelong Albion fan and season ticket holder - at this moment I couldn’t give less of a shit about the Albion. I’m baffled how people can have any enthusiasm about next year’s fixtures when the greatest sporting carnival in the World is on.

If someone told me tomorrow that we’ve signed Messi my mindset would still very much be Partridge’s “can we talk about this in the morning?”

Well, l suppose unlike you, international football just doesn't do it for me, the big difference is l don't much care who wins or loses, where with the Abion it means an awful lot.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I think all the teams who finish third should enter some sort of PLATE competition, with the games played on those days when there's no football.

Park that idea until the World Cup gets awarded to CHINA.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Nice idea. But we've moved offices since those heady days (about 4 doors down the road), and although I still survey the rear carpark from my window, the sheer volume of foliage obscuring the railway track here would make it impossible to accurately clock the number of carriages going past.

:(

Unbelievable. Do people not take these things into account when they plan office moves?

Then I'm at a loss.

Maybe we knock up a Pop Quiz between us.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Unbelievable. Do people not take these things into account when they plan office moves?

Then I'm at a loss.

Maybe we knock up a Pop Quiz between us.

Either that or I bring my hedge trimmer with me tomorrow morning.

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
The main thing is people, we HAVE to look busy tomorrow - otherwise our other halves will seize upon our boredom and get us to do things!

crabface

Mar 24, 2012
However from Fifa decided to have a day's break needs firing. Im not sure how im going to cope with no football tomorrow, ive been loving the wall to wall football coverage.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Park that idea until the World Cup gets awarded to CHINA.

Well it won't be long. Let's face it, the choice of host nation is getting ever more bizarre tournament on tornement, 2022 Qatar, 2026 USA (again), so why not China in 2030?

Great footballing nations all of them . . . NOT.

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
On my online betting site, if you have money in your account, you can watch a game live via their site. I'm hopeful one of the top matches in the Dominican Republic top flight, or the friendly between Brechin and Dundee will be featured. With one static camera, no commentary. GET ME THAT BEER AND POPCORN NOW - it's gonna be EPIC!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here