Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Drinking] Англия против Бельгии (England vs Belgium)

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
Absolute madness. I can imagine when they were planning the resting everyone was patting each other on the back thinking they were geniuses. One of the things about this set up was there wasn’t any arrogance. Play the same 11 and send a message. Oh no we are too good for tha5 we must squad rotate as we are contenders. The arrogance is back. Didn’t take long.

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
I am quite happy, eight out of the 11 changed. An easier route and the first eleven back. Optimistic not pessimistic.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Absolute madness. I can imagine when they were planning the resting everyone was patting each other on the back thinking they were geniuses. One of the things about this set up was there wasn’t any arrogance. Play the same 11 and send a message. Oh no we are too good for tha5 we must squad rotate as we are contenders. The arrogance is back. Didn’t take long.

Agree.

Also sends out a message we are scared of teams.

We really shouldnt be.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Second best from start to finish and now got to try and pick up the momentum again.

I'm sorry but momentum, in this regard, is such a load of cliched bollox.

I refuse to read anything much into how our 2nd IX performed.

This was like watching a friendly. Our World Cup starts with the next game. Always did, once we secured our progress from the group.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
In a chocolatier terminology.

409-3002157-JMBELGDARKCHOC_M.jpeg 1
sec_8402243.jpg 0

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
At least we know that some of the squad definitely aren't add good. Southgate was dammed either way tonight, put the full team out and pick up an injury or suspension and he'll be criticised for not rotating. Or if they look knackered in the next game.

This is the football version of a good toss to lose in cricket. I watched Colombia's first two games and they didn't look amazing.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Never thought I'd say that England missed Henderson in midfield.

There's very little quality in the back up midfield options, Rashford fluffed his audition to be Kane's partner. Defence looked a bit better but still seems disorganised. Surprised Butland didn't get a game.

Plus side: I don't have to face the horror of England losing to Japan...

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
No need for any doom and gloom. Let's put it all in perspective...

As 2nd seeds, we've qualified out of the group stage in 2nd place, true to form.

We now find ourselves playing the 2nd seed in Group H.

Win that and we're playing the winner of Switzerland (2nd seed in Group E) and Sweden (3rd seed in Group F) for a place in the Semi-Finals.

I don't think we could have realistically hoped for anything better at the start of the tournament.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here