Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] France's Macron brings back national service

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
That's was me. I asked a simple question and it got taken completely out of context. I expect nothing different from some remainers if I'm honest with you.

It was a valid question, those remainers didnt understand free movement is a political construct and can be by air or sea, it isnt confined to countries bound by land borders

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Yes but Brexiters were all about bringing back control and governing ourselves and there is France doing just that while still in the EU. Maybe that's the point the OP was making.

Defence policy is excluded from EU regulations which is why the EU can't set policy on the sale and buying of arms.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Sorry if I'm missing the point, but why will it confuse the Brexiteers?

I’m obviously being dumb, but why would France reintroducing National Service confuse someone who voted to leave the European Union?

Appears to be a straight forward and well explained article.
Im not confused in the slightest

Threads like this are just self help for people who feel possessed of a 'truth' but sadly ignored. A bit like an old Grandad in the corner banging on about the good old days of the EU. Misrepresenting and stereotyping those who disagree is actually a part of the reason they lost. Best ignored.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
well this went well for the OP
just to round it off we need NSC Emperor King of the snowflakes to climb on like a bad smell in a echo bubble and say he cant read whats going because he has blocked

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
This'll confuse the Brexiteers. :lol:

I’m obviously being dumb, but why would France reintroducing National Service confuse someone who voted to leave the European Union?

You going to let people in on your secret why Brexiteers would be confused by France reintroducing national service?

Sorry if I'm missing the point, but why will it confuse the Brexiteers?

So it turns out that the Brexiteers do indeed appear to be confused. Well played sir :lolol:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
French National Service - makes exceedingly good citizens.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Think the OP is just trying to get some publicity for his closing down sale.Think his brain is shutting down already.Probably been driving german diesels!

moron.png

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Since when is pro-independance a purely right wing ideal? Because UKIP?

Is the SNP right wing? Is Catalonia full of right wingers? Doesn't exactly work does it.

It's like saying that being pro a "united Europe" is a purely facsist ideal because of Hitler.

Stop trying to pigeon hole people who have different views from you, plenty of people voted for Brexit and are not and never have been right wing or pro conscription.

I'm sorry that you can't just label everyone on the other side of the argument with a negative stereotype, but - you can't. Sorry.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Since when is pro-independance a purely right wing ideal? Because UKIP?

Is the SNP right wing? Is Catalonia full of right wingers? Doesn't exactly work does it.

It's like saying that being pro a "united Europe" is a purely facsist ideal because of Hitler.

Stop trying to pigeon hole people who have different views from you, plenty of people voted for Brexit and are not and never have been right wing or pro conscription.

I'm sorry that you can't just label everyone on the other side of the argument with a negative stereotype, but - you can't. Sorry.
This.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
interesting. It seems the French navy wear bakewell tarts on their heads ???

Edit: Seems this has already been noted - Should really read the entire thread before posting!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here