Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Ruben Loftus-Cheek?

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Chelsea are not prepared to sell England midfielder Ruben Loftus-Cheek this summer but could allow another season-long loan for the 22-year-old, who spent last year at Crystal Palace. (Mail)

Would be worth a loan.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Chelsea are not prepared to sell England midfielder Ruben Loftus-Cheek this summer but could allow another season-long loan for the 22-year-old, who spent last year at Crystal Palace. (Mail)

Would be worth a loan.

He would, but would he refuse to come in view of the rivalry?

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Realistically there will be a club better than us after him. Would imagine he would go back to Palace anyway if he fancies another year nearer the bottom of the league.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
He’s more than good enough to play for Chelsea, it’s ridiculous if they’re looking to loan him out again.

He is class, better than Bakayoko, Drinkwater, Barkley, and Fabregas nowadays. He and Kante in centre midfield would be quite a frightening prospect for them.

If they do decide to loan him out I’d expect every team outside of the top 6 to want him, TBH the other top 6 sides would want him but they’re not going to allow that, as well as top teams in Europe so I don’t think we stand a chance.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Think any EPL team outside the top 6 would start him. Would be ideal for us as could play both the deeper roles or the Gross one.

Would expect it to be an expensive loan this year though which is more likely to put us off than many others.

el punal

Come on! He’s a professional footballer not a fan. The vast majority of players see clubs as prospective employers and as such have a totally different point of view to your average dyed in the wool, rose tinted glass wearing, life long one team only, supporter.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

You're right, that's why Glenn Murray sits in a deckchair on the University side of the A27 flicking the V's at the Amex every match day.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
He’s more than good enough to play for Chelsea, it’s ridiculous if they’re looking to loan him out again.

He is class, better than Bakayoko, Drinkwater, Barkley, and Fabregas nowadays. He and Kante in centre midfield would be quite a frightening prospect for them.

If they do decide to loan him out I’d expect every team outside of the top 6 to want him, TBH the other top 6 sides would want him but they’re not going to allow that, as well as top teams in Europe so I don’t think we stand a chance.

All of this.....

Great player.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Chelsea really holding him back in my opinion. Seems a shame that he cannot command a permanent place in a team that wants to play. If there was any possibility of us being in for him then I would be absolutely delighted. Surely he can do better than return to P*l*ce.

el punal

Chelsea really holding him back in my opinion. Seems a shame that he cannot command a permanent place in a team that wants to play. If there was any possibility of us being in for him then I would be absolutely delighted. Surely he can do better than return to P*l*ce.

I wonder if it’s anything to do with the fact that Chelsea, since 1996 when Glenn Hoddle was in charge, have only chosen foreign managers. In that period there have been twelve appointments, Mourinho on the song sheet twice for example. The number of English players selected on a regular basis has been minimal - the ones that spring to mind being John Terry, Frank Lampard, Ashley Cole, and maybe Joe Cole.

No wonder then that players from the Chelsea development squad, however good they may be, find it difficult to break into the first team.

SAC

May 21, 2014
The press make up these stories to fill up space on their websites. No one knows who the Chelsea manager is going to be next season so I would presume that no decision will be made before then.

I think he would progress better at a team where is most likely to play every week. If he stayed at Chelsea he is likely only to start in cup matches, perhaps get on the bench a few times too.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
I wonder if it’s anything to do with the fact that Chelsea, since 1996 when Glenn Hoddle was in charge, have only chosen foreign managers. In that period there have been twelve appointments, Mourinho on the song sheet twice for example. The number of English players selected on a regular basis has been minimal - the ones that spring to mind being John Terry, Frank Lampard, Ashley Cole, and maybe Joe Cole.

No wonder then that players from the Chelsea development squad, however good they may be, find it difficult to break into the first team.

Arguably the first two were among the best 5 players for Chelsea over that period. Cole was probably the best in the world in his prime. So all pretty hard to ignore.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

I think the bit in bold is absolutely true - it is very hard for a young player to force his way into that squad. I think the 'English' part is irrelevant though. It applies to all young players. - they loaned out 21 year old Mo Salah (to Fiorentina and then Roma) after he'd made three first team appearances, and 21 year old Kevin De Bruyne (to Werder Bremen) after three appearances is six months. They signed Lukaku at 18, and played him 10 times in three seasons, in between loans to WBA and Everton.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Come on! He’s a professional footballer not a fan. The vast majority of players see clubs as prospective employers and as such have a totally different point of view to your average dyed in the wool, rose tinted glass wearing, life long one team only, supporter.

You're right, that's why Glenn Murray sits in a deckchair on the University side of the A27 flicking the V's at the Amex every match day.

Mockery acknowledged, but Ruben apparently turned us down once already before joining Palace and I've no doubt Zahaha isn't the only one at Palace who would never play for us. I don't give a s*** for the rivalry, but he's played there now and just suggesting he may not be so keen to make us his next career move now.

el punal

Mockery acknowledged, but Ruben apparently turned us down once already before joining Palace and I've no doubt Zahaha isn't the only one at Palace who would never play for us. I don't give a s*** for the rivalry, but he's played there now and just suggesting he may not be so keen to make us his next career move now.

I wasn’t mocking you, honestly! And, yes, there are individual footballers who will definitely not play for certain clubs because of the rivalry. An example being no player has been directly transferred between Man Utd and Liverpool since the 1960s. Having said that I believe if a player has joined from a rival club - i.e. Murray to Palace and then back to us, and does the business, no one gives a toss regarding the Judas aspect. Might be different if they were a tub of shit though!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here