Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] What a great summer this is shaping up to be...!

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Oh boy, thanks for letting me know, its a bit too late for that now :nono:

Well if you haven't dug the ground over get yourself one of those drills that people use for digging roads over :)
Seriously I always advise Autumn or late winter planting...better chance of survival or standing there with a watering can every night :D

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Well if you haven't dug the ground over get yourself one of those drills that people use for digging roads over :)
Seriously I always advise Autumn or late winter planting...better chance of survival or standing there with a watering can every night :D

Again, seriously its all good up here on the plot, very very green and all growing well, except the bloody peas :lolol:

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Again, seriously its all good up here on the plot, very very green and all growing well, except the bloody peas :lolol:

Lucky u....lawns on shoreham beach look like cricket wickets on the last day and dusty! :(

Fortunately I'm quite diversified but will definitely lose money if this doesn't break in the next couple of weeks...always thought we would get a good summer after a relatively bad Winter....still last June was good and then crap after :D

erkan

Dec 9, 2004
Eastbourne
Good thread.

Being involved in cricket 7 days a week the weather has a huge influence on my activity and mood...

Don't want to exaggerate but I can't imagine there has been a drier/sunnier first half of the summer for a very, very long time...?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Lucky u....lawns on shoreham beach look like cricket wickets on the last day and dusty! :(

Fortunately I'm quite diversified but will definitely lose money if this doesn't break in the next couple of weeks...always thought we would get a good summer after a relatively bad Winter....still last June was good and then crap after :D

We just get up early at 0'my god in the morning to water up there, madness to do it any other time :cool:

el punal

I knew it, I just bloody well knew it! Four weeks ago I decided to fix guttering and downpipes to our garden shed so that any rainwater would then be collected in the appropriately placed water butt. Since then? Nothing - or maybe a drip or two when I wasn’t looking. Grrrr! :tantrum:

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
It's a huge part of his life. I just turn up and take the veg away and eat it! I'm more than
happy with that arrangement. Nothing quite like broad beans and potatoes for a meal.

We tell our nephews were digging for chips, which keeps them interested:)

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
There'll still be some knobs later in the year that claim we didn't have much of a summer ! But yes, a wonderful summer so far although the lawn is rather brown and dusty.

Last year we had a wonderful May and June and a dreadful July and August so much the same so far.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Meanwhile in Burnley

giphy (23).gif

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
World Cups often coincide with long, hot weather in SE England.

1986, 1990, 2006 spring to mind.

Fantastic.

Spot on, WC's often put the country on the happy drugs. 1990 was a great summer especially

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Watched a game the other night tucking into a packet of Golden Wonder crisps i had unexpectedly found on sale at a garage, and a can of R Whites lemonade. Hot as mustard outside, just waiting for a full on plague of ladybirds to complete my 1976 Bingo card

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Its not helping the grass cutting side of my work :(

How long before they announce a water shortage?

It won't be long. Zero measurable rain for the entire month of June for many areas so far. Water supplies weren't that high BEFORE the summer. IF this continues into mid July I'm sure we'll hear something, maybe sooner..

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here