Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] What a great summer this is shaping up to be...!

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Seemingly endless sunny days and balmy evenings - just like summers always used to be when I was a kid (even though they probably weren't); wall-to-wall football on the telly and England looking like they could go BALLS DEEP in the World Cup for the first time in years (even though they probably won't); and when that is all done and dusted, another roller-coaster season in the Premier League to look forward to...Yes, 2018 is looking like it could be a vintage summer.

Last edited:

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Italia 90 was just a perfect time. It was like living in a movie.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
So much actual sport F1 doesn't even get a mention. :thumbsup:

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
There'll still be some knobs later in the year that claim we didn't have much of a summer ! But yes, a wonderful summer so far although the lawn is rather brown and dusty.

Saladpack Seagull

Just Shut Up and Paddle
There'll still be some knobs later in the year that claim we didn't have much of a summer ! But yes, a wonderful summer so far although the lawn is rather brown and dusty.

My lawns (front and back) are still nicely green if slightly straw-like at the edges. Could it be more searingly hot in "the arse end of Hangleton" than here in Sunny Worthing? I wish your lawn a speedy recovery.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Ever since The Beast From The East we have had pretty decent weather.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I was just about to....got to be some Hamilton love!

Sent from my TA-1020 using Tapatalk
It turns out it was the French GP last Sunday, who knew :shrug:

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I made an online order ages ago and it finally arrived. Separately, I planted a mixed native hedge in February 2017, but some of the species really suffer in drought conditions when young. Watering's a pain, but needed.

Absolutely...you probably thought February planting would be fine....I went to a place today where I had planted a load of bare rooted cornus, which up until now had been fine...still get through first year and should be ok

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here