Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Club questionnaire

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
I've done it. It wasn't that bad to fill in and after the season we've just had 10 minutes to provide a survey to the club they've asked me to fill in for them is the least I could do.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Sent to my 5yo son.

Prize is LAST SEASON'S shirt.

Poor/10.

First thing I noticed too.

If they want to incentivise people completing the shirt, just make it a "2018/19 shirt on release, signed by all the players".

Last year's shirt provides little motivation for anyone.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I did it but apart from the spelling mistakes, I love the fact if it ask if adverts are your favourite thing on the big screen. And doesn't offer distance as a reason for not watching the WSL games. Asks a set of questions for the 1901 experience and then exactly the same question for my lounge. Doesn't like choosing zero as the number of games I handed over my ticket to someone else. Doesn't give going on your own to games as an option. And I thought the reason people don't have Amex is fairly well understood - especially as you couldn't use one at the stadium for the first year or so.

Appreciate the summary.

I nearly ploughed in because I like to guess which age child put the survey together whilst doing work experience at the club. Sounds about 12-13 years old this year.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Appreciate the summary.

I nearly ploughed in because I like to guess which age child put the survey together whilst doing work experience at the club. Sounds about 12-13 years old this year.

Haha. What was the problem last year? Couldn't actually enter it, or something IIRC?

Anyway, if they send this survey to an infant, not sure I trust them with the survey data.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Not too bad timewise, got the feeling it was designed by someone doing summer work experience rather than a professional outfit. Another pish poor survey on safe standing chucked in at the end.......apart from that we should at least make the effort to give the club some feedback.

Holiday for two to Florida as an incentive next time please :lolol:
Free signed shirt?.......really?.......is that the best you can do?

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
Amazing how many surveys are put together by idiots. I asked them to sack the responsible person in the comments. Hopefully that won't distract from the suggestion I put forward in every solicited communication to the club for the last 5 years - the half time birching of Richie Reynolds.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Walked in on a group of nekkid men at Withdean gym changing rooms this morning, just as one was saying to the others '...and then it asked me what kind of member I was' to a great shaking of heads. Was mightily relieved when he went on to mutter something about '1901'. 'Aha', says I, gaze averted, 'you'll be talking about the rubbish Albion questionnare then...'

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Walked in on a group of nekkid men at Withdean gym changing rooms this morning, just as one was saying to the others '...and then it asked me what kind of member I was' to a great shaking of heads. Was mightily relieved when he went on to mutter something about '1901'. Aha, says I, you'll be talking about the rubbish Albion questionnare then...

That's your excuse and you're sticking to it.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Haha. What was the problem last year? Couldn't actually enter it, or something IIRC?

Anyway, if they send this survey to an infant, not sure I trust them with the survey data.

I can't remember, but it's a generally a mix of spelling mistakes, poor grammar, questions open to misinterpretation and badly-structured questions including asking mandatory follow-up questions even when the respondent had answered "no" to a previous question.

A lot of time and money can be spent on creating a survey to yield the best results and whilst I'm certainly not advocating that, it would be nice if the club questionnaires looked like someone had taken the effort to have it proof-read and/or sense-checked before pressing the "send" button.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I can't remember, but it's a generally a mix of spelling mistakes, poor grammar, questions open to misinterpretation and badly-structured questions including asking mandatory follow-up questions even when the respondent had answered "no" to a previous question.

A lot of time and money can be spent on creating a survey to yield the best results and whilst I'm certainly not advocating that, it would be nice if the club questionnaires looked like someone had taken the effort to have it proof-read and/or sense-checked before pressing the "send" button.

This. It's the kind of bumbling effort we'd expect in the Withdean era. Questionnaire's just not PL Ready. There's no excuse really. Too many suits in lanyards swanning around the Amex just winging it and hoping nobody calls them out.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Well I managed to complete it. Plenty of room for you to leave comments in addition to the multiple choice answers.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patreon
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
The survey is far too long, and I wasn't sure I could give a fair answer to all questions.

Examples-
Rate the staff and stewarding- the stewards that I see inside and outside the WSU are very good, so I would give these a good mark. 10/10
Some of the staff at the food and drink kiosks are poor. 1/10
But I have to give one answer for all staff.

How long do you stay at the Amex after the final whistle?
I stay behind for a Saturday 3PM match.
I leave immediately after an evening match.
I can only give one answer.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
This. It's the kind of bumbling effort we'd expect in the Withdean era. Questionnaire's just not PL Ready. There's no excuse really. Too many suits in lanyards swanning around the Amex just winging it and hoping nobody calls them out.

Given it's on line I fail to see why its not more dynamic thereby depending on your answer the next question either pops up or is binned.

A clear example right at the start of the questionnaire. Question was on whether 1901, ST, etc but then next question was did you have a membership last season. If you have answered ST why is the membership question required.

Also lots of the questions or responses are poorly worded so that it is impossible to provide the answer that is relevant to you, so you are left trying to guess what the club really meant,

The whole thing just smacks of 'I didn't do nothing' - So you did something or do they mean they did nothing but the grammar is poor

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Given it's on line I fail to see why its not more dynamic thereby depending on your answer the next question either pops up or is binned.

A clear example right at the start of the questionnaire. Question was on whether 1901, ST, etc but then next question was did you have a membership last season. If you have answered ST why is the membership question required.

Also lots of the questions or responses are poorly worded so that it is impossible to provide the answer that is relevant to you, so you are left trying to guess what the club really meant,

The whole thing just smacks of 'I didn't do nothing' - So you did something or do they mean they did nothing but the grammar is poor

Spot on. Once I said I was a ST, I had no idea what to answer for the membership question.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patreon
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven

Very good comments on the survey, agree with what you have said.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Ask a stupid question, get a stupid answer...

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I did it. There is an architecture issue with some Qs, and I had to go back and change my first answer so I could answer the follow up sensibly. Safe standing being one example. I am not against it, but I wouldn't want it where I sit.....<doh!>

Did anyone else spot the hideous typo?

All in all, like most of these things, the questioner has revealed unconscious bias and the survey is therefore flawed.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
First thing I noticed too.

If they want to incentivise people completing the shirt, just make it a "2018/19 shirt on release, signed by all the players".

Last year's shirt provides little motivation for anyone.

On the other hand, could it not be said that last season's shirt was iconic in it's way, as being the shirt the team wore in the club's very first season in the Premier League.

Just playing devil's advocate you understand.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here