Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast
    Members

0 Not allowed!
    I'd buy a whole division worth of Gary Harts and push for the Europa league by year 3 would be the aim. Ground share with the Amex whilst that happened

Would consider a canal barge with the change, somewhere to live and can just float about doing part time work and playing crazy golf with the odd trip up to Great Yarmouth to get away from it all and play some ten pin bowling/go banger racing and live the dream

• North Stand Chat

advertising

Seagulls Over Canada

0 Not allowed!
      Pay off my debts, then buy a bit of land to put a cabin on - somewhere in Northern BC / Yukon most probably.

3 Not allowed!
      Hide it from my ex wife

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by StonehamPark View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Buy a little villa in Mexico on the beach, plus 5-10 stand up paddle boards. Work part-time to pay for food and drinks, job done.
      dont forget a solar panel sky box and dish and 70 inch screen.
      THOSE IN GLASS PALACES SHOULD NOT THROW BRICKS

2 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by southstandandy View Post
      I'm fortunate that investments made over the years have now allowed me to retire at 47 and spend my time travelling round the UK and Europe to football and concerts, 2 of my main passions in life. Lucky to have no mortgage anymore and no dependants so am free to live a little. Worked for 30 years solid and now enjoying and doing what I want for a change. To me, travelling and seeing new places is the best thing about having some financial freedom.
      Not jealous at all. Oh no.
      "Prejudice is a great time saver. You can form opinions without having to get the facts"

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by StonehamPark View Post
      It's something I've been thinking of for a while. Semi-retire at a fairly young age, Mexico or Central America. Low cost of living. Beautiful countries, good business, plenty of football.
      The problem with living in Mexico or anywhere in Central America is the crime. They have among the highest murder rates anywhere in the world. Drug gangs everywhere, make East and south London look like a kindergarten.

You would be better if buying a one bed flat in a cheap part of Spain near the sea, in somewhere like costa Blanca . At least Spain is a fairly stable country with not horrendous crime .
      The Disowned Masses

1 Not allowed!
      IF all I had was 100k and somehow no family etc, I'd buy a small campervan and travel Europe prospecting for Gold and living off the income it generates.
      Follow @kmoorman1968 on Twitter
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by pauli cee View Post
      Just curious like,
      If you had £100k in your pocket, but nothing else, no home or dependents etc, what would the wise people on nsc do?

(Aside from singing a decent young left back from non league football)
      Well, if I had no home, I would first of all find somewhere to live.
      Members

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by pauli cee View Post
      Just curious like,
      If you had £100k in your pocket, but nothing else, no home or dependents etc, what would the wise people on nsc do?

(Aside from singing a decent young left back from non league football)
      I’d be asking myself whether I could have got more than £100,000 for my home.
      "They can because they think they can" - Mike Bamber

0 Not allowed!
      But on a serious note, I would spend it on “experiences”. I’m not overly materialistic but value and enjoy doing stuff, like my gigs, running and travelling. I want to do the trans-Siberian one day, taking about 3 months and stopping off, and I also want to take two sabbaticals and live in New York and Tokyo before I die. This and run the Tokyo marathon, and go to SXSW and Burning Man festivals. Will I have any change from 100k?
      "I will design a town in the image of your face. Round the wrinkles of your eyes my footsteps you can trace. We could promenade down infra-nasel depression. The streets of your hands will never feel a recession."