Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Iran v Portugal

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
What a farce! Utter shambles!! [emoji38]ol:

VAR making a mockery of the World Cup, just as everybody knew it would.
Don't agree. It's that referee in particular making a mockery of the world cup. Clearly that is NEVER a pen and feeble weak minded refs like him just crumple when faced with being asked to look at the monitor. Absolutely pathetic. And now we've just been told Egypt have already complained about that ref, which just about proves my point.

To reiterate, VAR is a good addition IMO, but needs to be used properly and I'd say 10-15% of the time, that isn't happening.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
It's all very dramatic but is it football?

Can't believe neither team played their joker.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Badly behaved players, appalling referee, great goal, dubious penalty, saved penalty, managers not having a clue what's going on, VAR being used for all the wrong reasons.
Yep, a boring game.

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
Do the Brits really not have any Ref's good enough for the World Cup?

This is a farce. Glad it's not an England game. Entertaining though for all the wrong reasons.

This has already been explained many times. There's no English refs because Clattenburg couldn't be replaced after he went to Saudi Arabia. I think I even recall someone explaining this to you in another thread?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Russia now avoid Portugal. Hmmm I wonder how many roubles were left in the referees changing room.

The conspiracy theorist in me thinks that there could be something funny going on with this World Cup... Lots of freak results, introduction of VAR, Russia...

Not serious of course... but I might have to requote this if/when Russia somehow win the World Cup.

Beat you to it.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
CRcheat should've got a red.

Pepe last game, another Portugese today, rolling around to the foul that never was.

It's so easy to dislike them.

Why does a talented team of winners at club level, have to resort to the tactics of a second rate footballing nation?

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
I thought VAR was there to be able to get the major decisions right.
Absolutely hopeless referee.
2 good games ruined by VAR and yet again players going down holding their faces without being touched.
I have been totally wrong about almost everything so far during this World Cup so far, but VAR and the play acting is ruining this competition.
Its like watching football dissolve in front of your eyes.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Panel rightly complaining at the amount of diving and play acting by players.

This is the panel that includes ...er... Didier Drogba!

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
The Iranian player in Ronaldo incident should have been given the Red Card he was the one cheating !!!!

Iranian Penalty complete and utter Farce..

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
The penalty decision does provide the opportunity for us to enjoy Uruguay v Portugal. One of them will go out and that pretty much guarantees dummies being spat: fighting, arguing, spitting, kicking or biting. Either Suarez or Ronaldo is odds on to leave the pitch in tears and possible disgrace. You've gotta love the World Cup.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
This has already been explained many times. There's no English refs because Clattenburg couldn't be replaced after he went to Saudi Arabia. I think I even recall someone explaining this to you in another thread?

Mike Effin Dean would have been better than that clown today. I know what you're saying is technically correct but do you really need to be patronising when we could drag refs out of the Championship who would have stopped that game turning in to a farce?

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
The Iranian player in Ronaldo incident should have been given the Red Card he was the one cheating !!!!

Iranian Penalty complete and utter Farce..

Oh I don't know. It looked like Ronaldo went to punch him, decided half way through that he might break a nail, so pulled out and scraped his hand across his face. He seemed to have made a fist anyway.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here