Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Iran v Portugal

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
VAR absolutely ruining the game as we watch. Far from making it fairer because only clear, obvious errors are overturned we’ve now got players and coaches drawing imaginary squares and brandishing fake cards every time there’s a tackle near the box. Entire passages of play that count for nothing. And for what? A couple of decision turnovers?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
VAR absolutely ruining the game as we watch. Far from making it fairer because only clear, obvious errors are overturned we’ve now got players and coaches drawing imaginary squares and brandishing fake cards every time there’s a tackle near the box. Entire passages of play that count for nothing. And for what? A couple of decision turnovers?

Exactly how I feel.

People will get use to it, but I wish we could leave things alone....

JamesAndTheGiantHead

Sep 2, 2011
Worthing
Queresma has a teardrop tattoo by the way. He’s literally MURDERED a person, in REAL LIFE. They took him off to prevent a 3 match ban and a life sentence for genocide. Good game management.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex

Good post.

Goal line tech works really well and improves the game. It was thoroughly tested and any wrinkles removed before "going live".

VAR is spoiling it for me because: 1) half way through celebrating a goal we have to stop and wait for VAR, ruining the spontaneous celebrations and excitement; 2) bad tackles, elbows, off the ball incidents seem to be outside the scope of VAR; 3) it's as if referees are reluctant to over rule the VAR advice to "have another look", but worst of all 4) players, fans, managers, etc drawing the imaginary boxes ........ and I fear the day when I do it at the Amex.......

If we have to have VAR let's use it also to punish players who feign injury. So many incidents this WC where a player holds his face when the contact has been nowhere near/or no contact at all.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Ronaldo should have walked. If he got the bloke in the face it's a straight red. How can he get a yellow for hitting in the face?

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Watching the Spain game how likely is it that Iran might score and knock Spain out?[/QUOTE

Portugal well on top. 6 minutes added time. There's gonna be a red card soon........

Pen to Iran !! joke

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
What a joke this game is. But it’s funny as f***

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here