Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Fenerbahce are showing an interest in Brighton forward Jurgen Locadia.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
seagullwedgee;8500323[B said:
]I gather from a privileged source that JL does not fit the nature of player desired for the squad[/B], in that he has too much ego and attitude, too little hard work ethic, and puts himself before the team, rather than the other way round. He may be good with both feet (not seen it yet) but he is clearly hopeless in the air. Regardless of all that, he doesn’t fit the team ethos and mentality and we are considering offers. Personally, I would crawl over broken glass, giving him a piggyback ride, all the way to Turkey, if it meant we could get just 75% of the fee back, and start again with someone else who DOES fit the bill. Most of our recent signings have been superb, he is a clear exception.

Really ? I'm not sure that's accurate but I could be wrong. I was wrong once before back in 1967 when I was 4

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Flick me.

The fella played 77 minutes on the 17th of February.
How the fudge can 'carrying an injury' still be a thing?

The only reason I think (hope) 'he'll come good' is because of Winstanley's recruited him, the club paid big money, and Youtube says he's good.
It's got fook all with anything he's done at this club.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
If they really have made an offer and he goes, it is because we don't fancy him any more, we've had a decent offer and have a replacement lined up. If he stays, it means he's looking sharp and fitting in and the club want to keep him. We win either way.

Players don't come back till tomorrow

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Flick me.

The fella played 77 minutes on the 17th of February.
How the fudge can 'carrying an injury' still be a thing?

The only reason I think (hope) 'he'll come good' is because of Winstanley's recruited him, the club paid big money, and Youtube says he's good.
It's got fook all with anything he's done at this club.

Was when he arrived though.
Once fit he just hasn’t forced his way into the team.
He hasn’t had many chances yet, at Anfield I did think he showed a couple of nice touches, but I just can’t see how he can play a lone role.....

Jury out for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Was when he arrived though.
and played exactly 1 month, or if you prefer 5 league and cup games, after putting pen to paper.

It's no wonder Super Sam feels right at home if you still get the benefit of the doubt 3 months and 10 games after that.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
and played exactly 1 month, or if you prefer 5 league and cup games, after putting pen to paper.

It's no wonder Super Sam feels right at home if you still get the benefit of the doubt 3 months and 10 games after that.

How many did he complete?

Did alright against league 1 opposition [emoji6] and Utd away in the cup.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I always find it really odd how desperate some people are for players to fail.

I find it more odd, how some people like to make up utter nonsense about their fellow fans. Whatever people's respective views on Jurgen Locadia's talents, I've seen absolutely zero suggestion from anyone, ever, that they WANT him to fail. We are all Albion fans - we all WANT our players to succeed, we just have differing views on whether they actually will.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
I find it more odd, how some people like to make up utter nonsense about their fellow fans. Whatever people's respective views on Jurgen Locadia's talents, I've seen absolutely zero suggestion from anyone, ever, that they WANT him to fail. We are all Albion fans - we all WANT our players to succeed, we just have differing views on whether they actually will.

agreed. but there's a view on here expressed often that we've seen enough, no more excuses, the Locadia transfer has already failed and (some) fans want him to be sold.

re: giving him enough time - Hughton can be both patient - . Scheletto arrived on transfer deadline day last season. He featured in 7 games before the new year but it wasn't until game 24 that he started a long run in the side and showed impressive form (at Chelsea) before fading right at the end after Bruno had yet another purple patch.

or brutal - Elvis Manu had only 8 appearances for the Albion after showing fitful form , never a full 90 minutes. Was then despatched on loan to Huddersfield never to be seen again and currently has no club.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
agreed. but there's a view on here expressed often that we've seen enough, no more excuses, the Locadia transfer has already failed and (some) fans want him to be sold.

re: giving him enough time - Hughton can be both patient - . Scheletto arrived on transfer deadline day last season. He featured in 7 games before the new year but it wasn't until game 24 that he started a long run in the side and showed impressive form (at Chelsea) before fading right at the end after Bruno had yet another purple patch.

or brutal - Elvis Manu had only 8 appearances for the Albion after showing fitful form , never a full 90 minutes. Was then despatched on loan to Huddersfield never to be seen again and currently has no club.
Andone had better do well against FC Gallen or else the NSC chauffeurs will be revving their engines !

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I gather from a privileged source that JL does not fit the nature of player desired for the squad, in that he has too much ego and attitude, too little hard work ethic, and puts himself before the team, rather than the other way round.
If that's true, why the hell did we buy him? Surely scouts would have been able to find out if he was the kind of player to put a shift in in training, or work hard on the pitch?

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
based on how hard we find recruiting strikers and the inflated markets etc, unless we get what we want he wont go anywhere....

Do we ? We struggled in the last summer window but Hughton’s striker record easily holds up in terms of value, goals scored, promotions etc, avoiding relegation and fitness. And we seem to find who we want and er, buy them even if Andone took 12 months.

Hemed - £2m
Murray - £3m
Andone - £5m -
Ulloa - loan
Locadia etc

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
If that's true, why the hell did we buy him? Surely scouts would have been able to find out if he was the kind of player to put a shift in in training, or work hard on the pitch?

Honestly think he was a panic buy , we were desperately short of striking power and we took a gamble survival (£100m in next season) v £17million.

We have him though and the only reason we might consider letting him go is a) we now have Andone who was our first choice b) We can see someone better and his move frees up funds and c) (and most importantly) that CH has had a close look at the lad and can't see him fitting in as he won't conform to his style of play.

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia

Well we're a little thin skinned this morning aren't we.

durrington gull

Aug 29, 2004
Worthing
Honestly think he was a panic buy , we were desperately short of striking power and we took a gamble survival (£100m in next season) v £17million.

We have him though and the only reason we might consider letting him go is a) we now have Andone who was our first choice b) We can see someone better and his move frees up funds and c) (and most importantly) that CH has had a close look at the lad and can't see him fitting in as he won't conform to his style of play.

Yeah agree, not sure why many on here are getting so wound up?, if we get our money back and CH believes he isnt what we're after then so be it

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Yeah agree, not sure why many on here are getting so wound up?, if we get our money back and CH believes he isnt what we're after then so be it

Not bothered either way. I have seen things from him to know he can play but if CH believes better options are available which would make him surplus to requirements then everyone may be happy

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Do we ? We struggled in the last summer window but Hughton’s striker record easily holds up in terms of value, goals scored, promotions etc, avoiding relegation and fitness. And we seem to find who we want and er, buy them even if Andone took 12 months.

Hemed - £2m
Murray - £3m
Andone - £5m -
Ulloa - loan
Locadia etc

Our recruitment team are like the Mounties. They always get their man. :wink:

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Where is all this coming from? CH said recently JL will be like a new signing next season. People need to stop talking BS.
It was just speculative internet guesswork which is now a factoid.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here